SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange, I got a new iPhone, deleted the phone in the XC90, added my new one, and this problem developed. Used to be that when the iPhone connected to the car directly via Bluetooth, and you plug it into the USB to use CarPlay, it would switch without any action needed on my part. I've reviewed all the settings and I can't find out what's wrong.

Any ideas?

Mitch

2015-05-06  - 1.jpg

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do, and it was before with the old phone, you could make a call with the phone in your pocket through bluetooth, and if I attach the USB cable and use CarPlay it used to just make the switch to making calls via CarPlay. Not it instead displays this annoying message.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Yes I do, and it was before with the old phone, you could make a call with the phone in your pocket through bluetooth, and if I attach the USB cable and use CarPlay it used to just make the switch to making calls via CarPlay. Not it instead displays this annoying message.
To minimize this, plug in your iPhone to your car via USB as soon as you get in the car without delay. By doing that the Bluetooth connection would not have time to get connected. Of course, that is not always practical but it does minimize the occurrences.

I have the same situation having gone from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone X a couple of years ago.

The idea is that the car does not want to disconnect a potentially connected call/internet since the BT connection is already established. It would be nice that the option to “automatically connect CarPlay” would override BT 99%/100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts