SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a mystery for all my fellow SS members...

A few years ago, I noticed a light blueish discoloration on the fabric of the boot. At that time I thought it was windshield washer fluid which had leaked out from somewhere and to this day that's the best theory I can come up with.

So, I would appreciate if someone could shed some light on this and perhaps be so kind and illustrate where the washer liquid is possibly leaking from - i.e. where are the tubes located?

I have attached a picture that I took of the left side of the boot where the amplifier is, but the same discoloration is found on the right side and at the edges. I have tried to clean it off which is the reason why the fabric is a little ruffled.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Laundry detergent??

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Laundry detergent??
Good guess, but no. This discoloration happened during a period where the boot was unused. But then again if it was washer fluid leaking from within I can't figure out from where it came as there were no sign of moisture anyway.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
And you're positive that nothing got spilled on that and took a while to dry and show itself??

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
And you're positive that nothing got spilled on that and took a while to dry and show itself??
Positive. For a long time I didn't use the boot at all. It was during this time I noticed the spills. I assumed it was washer liquid for the boot window that might have a leak and was spraying into the cabin, but could not find any leaks. In fact first I noticed it at one side (i.e. right side of boot) and then some weeks later I noticed it at the opposite side as well.

I did have a Volvo dealer do a recall job during this time and they did something at the back of the car. As far as I remember it was something related to fuel and it being too exposed in the original position? In any case, I am wondering if that in any way could have something to do with the spill? Perhaps someone remember the correct recall job? I am wondering if they would need to tamper with the washer fluid hoses when doing the recall job. I know it's a long shot but just desperately troubleshooting here :D

·
Registered
572 Posts
I did have a Volvo dealer do a recall job during this time and they did something at the back of the car. As far as I remember it was something related to fuel and it being too exposed in the original position? In any case, I am wondering if that in any way could have something to do with the spill? Perhaps someone remember the correct recall job? I am wondering if they would need to tamper with the washer fluid hoses when doing the recall job. I know it's a long shot but just desperately troubleshooting here :D
Sounds like the PEM relocation job - it relocates under your LR seat, with no work performed in the trunk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts