SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed my first order with IPD and received the order in Australia about a week later. Professional website, good prices, good packaging and very happy. However on attempting to install the pollen filter had a problem and emailed IPD ... This is the correspondance ... what do you think I should do next?

FIRST EMAIL ....................

Hi,

I just received my order and tried to install the pollen filter.
30630754V Pollen Filter (charcoal)
Invoice Number: 1307305
Your order number 766636

This did not fit my 2001 S60 T5 manual RHD. There were two problems:

1. The design of the upper plastic structure was different to that on
the filter which was previously installed. So I am not sure if it
would seal correctly.

2. The tab was not located in the correct position to slide into the
holder. Theoretically I could just cut the tab off but there would
still be no guarantees that it fits, and it also may not seal
correctly.

Perhaps there are different designs between RHD and LHD but there was
no mention of this on the IPD website.

Are you able to help in anyway.

Thanks,

RESPONSE FROM IPD ......................................

I do not even have access to the information. There are no RHD cars in North America so they don't even show in our parts listings. Here are the notes I have on file.

Fits P2 chassis w/ 1.5 inch thick filter. see 9171756 for 1 inch variety.

This is the factory replacement part for the cars with IAQS (Interior Air
Quality System). UPDATED REPLACEMENT for vehicles WITHOUT
IAQS that used a paper filter ORIGINALLY.
PI-304 (Included) shows how to update to this better charcoal filter.
Will REQUIRE torx 20 & 25 to remove paneling. RA 5-25-04
Volvo calls for 15,000 mile change interval.

MY RESPONSE .....................................

OK. So shall I just throw it in the bin? It is probably not feasible to return.

As you sell internationally I thought you would sell parts specific to
any international requirements.

--------------------------------

No response from IPD in almost 1 week!?

Do they often ignore emails?

Guess the lack of response indicates I should chuck it in the bin! With the shipping costs it is probably not worth selling on eBay.

Would probably cost about US$15 to post. Maybe I should just give it to you guys for the shipping cost?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: (SML)

The filter WILL fit your car. The tab must be removed if you originally did NOT have IAQS. The design at the top has been changed many times by VOLVO. I have seen three different designs while working at the dealer. They are just made by different suppliers.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm ... may car did originally have IAQS.

Adjacent to the part number, the part from IPD says 'part number LH'.

The one bought in Australia said 'part number RH'.

I could ram it in but i doubt it would provide a proper air tight seal and actually filter the air. The angled plastic at the top of the filter was different. Presumably this links into some sort of sealing design.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: (veilsidez)

IPD are real reasonable dudes i'm sure if you went to the ipd forum and told lucky about your situation he would work something out and correct the issue as far as their website is concerned so it dosent happen again

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Re: (Oceans60R)

Quote, originally posted by Oceans60R »
The filter WILL fit your car. The tab must be removed if you originally did NOT have IAQS. The design at the top has been changed many times by VOLVO. I have seen three different designs while working at the dealer. They are just made by different suppliers.

Sorry didn't realize you lived in Australia. LH and RH would indeed be opposite.

So you ordered a cabin filter from an American aftermarket company who deals in Left Hand drive cars for the most part and got upset because they sent you the only filter they sell. Seems like you didn't do your homework first and then
them because you ordered the wrong part. Oh well, at least you know to get your parts from another RH supplier http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

My parents just got back from a 3 week vacation to Australia and absolutely loved it. One day I'll get there myself http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
63,542 Posts

Sorry didn't realize you lived in Australia. LH and RH would indeed be opposite...

...seems like you didn't do your homework first and then
because you ordered the wrong part. Oh well, at least you know to get your parts from another RH supplier http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I agree, don't be such a bonehead.
IPD sells mainly to the US and I'm sure NEVER deals with the odd RHD part.

If you talk to Scott or Lucky, I'm sure for that small amount of money they will just refund it to you.
I've had bad parts every so often, they tell me to keep it, chuck it or whatever and either send me a new one or they give me a refund.
I will say that just about everyone (except perhaps you this year) has had a great experience buying from IPD.
If you have a problem with a company that has access to the top people (and you do with them) you email the TOP people, go to the source, you just don't do a general email to whomever happens to read it.

Go to the IPD forum here on SS, then IM or email Lucky directly, I'm SURE he will take care of you.
Tell him I said so

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

So you ordered a cabin filter from an American aftermarket company who deals in Left Hand drive cars for the most part and got upset because they sent you the only filter they sell.

They sell to an international market so one would think they would sell their product accordingly. They have plenty of details about 'suitable for 01 to 05' and 'R models only' .. if they sell to an international market it should simply say 'LHD vehicles only'?

Anyway for this example it is so freakin obvious ... it says 'PARTXXXX LH'

Anyway just a bit disappointing, but I feel better having talked about it with you guys.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Re: (SML)

IPD = #1 in my book.I ordered some things and was hesitant about install and Scott gave me his Cell and told me to call anytime even on the weekend if I ran into any issues

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.