SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I want to say thanks for all the great info on the forum, I have been lurking for a while now and found my cracked air charge pipe from all of your tips!!

Here is my question....... I know I can buy a 3-day pass to the Volvo system and buy certain downloads, etc... however tomorrow I am ordering a Dice/vida combo that comes with the 2011d disk.
The latest software update on my XC90 was done in 2009, so late 2011 would be a big improvement.
Does the DVD have any software updates (antenna update, transmission update, etc...) or all all of those things extras that have to be ordered from the volvo site?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Got the unit today.. took about an hour to get going with the VMware. It was worth it, could access a ton more troubleshooting data than my mac scanner, but it looks like a big fat NO on any included software updates for anyone else wondering. It's a shame nobody felt like answering, hopefully this helps someone else...

·
Registered
243 Posts
There are some files on the DVD and in the database, but I'm not aware of anyone knowing what they are for. So the answer to your question was partly yes, but mostly unknown.

Thank you for letting us know that they are not for XC90.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem. If anyone else is on the fence about a Dice unit, the info is pretty detailed vs. normal OBD (I normally use a decent, but far from top of the line Mac tools OBD scanner). The software pointed out that my front seat memory button #2 was stuck and that one of my rear speaker had low output. When I investigated, sure enough, the rear speaker was only putting out high notes and my seat button was stuck! I can't wait to really learn how to use it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts