SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my T8 in the first weeks ordering opened up through Diplomatic sales for delivery to the US. Can anyone who has a T8 on order cornfirm whether I truly saved any money on the price. I know I would have if I was able to take delivery overseas, drive the car for a year tax free, and then import it as a used vehicle avoiding the sales tax, but this was not possible with the new xc90.

My order....

T8 Inscription
HUD
Air Suspension
Vision Package
Convienance Package
21" Wheels
Osmium Grey Metalic Paint
Blond on Charcoal

I did not get the B & W radio

I paid $69,990 delivered. Just wondering if I made any true savings doing this while assigned overseas compared to what others are paying for OSD or just ordering from a stateside dealer??

·
Registered
559 Posts
Just using the online build & price tool on the Volvo USA website, that configuration comes out to a little over $80,000 USD including $995 destination charge.

So it looks like you probably saved over $10,000.

That's a nice little discount!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Maxwell, i have been on the build configurator, just not sure that most are paying those prices. A $10K price savings would be nice, but suspect others are getting discounts as well.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yes - looks like you saved around 10k

·
Registered
478 Posts
At least in the US, people are paying list for T8s, as near as I can tell.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered my T8 through US Military Sales and I paid $74k with all options before the price was raised on military/diplomatic sales. The discount was $11k. Well worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts