SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know a resonable rate for fixing "dings" or dents on the door? I just got one and it has two small paint chips too, does anybody know what's the price to fix it so it would look like new again?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. T5:<BR><B>Does anybody know a resonable rate for fixing "dings" or dents on the door? I just got one and it has two small paint chips too, does anybody know what's the price to fix it so it would look like new again?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>$40 to $75 is the normal range (depending on size, naturally), per ding,provided the paint is not "broken".<P>Yannis<P><P>

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
My Volvo had 3 'dings' on the drivers side door and I took it to a local Dent Doctor and they fixed the car perfectly for about $110 dollars. Generally, they can 'message' out any dent as long as there is no paint damage and the dent is not creased. They really do an amazing job. Take it to your local paintless dent removal place and I am sure they will give you a free estimate and tell you if they can fix it or not.<P>-Drew<P>

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Yup....they are both right about these dentless removal guys. The good ones really do a good job, and they are not too expensive at all.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got the dent fixed at the local volvo dealer for 80 dollars with tax but I still have a tiny chip, are there any economic way or other ways to get rid of it?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. T5:<BR><B>I got the dent fixed at the local volvo dealer for 80 dollars with tax but I still have a tiny chip, are there any economic way or other ways to get rid of it?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Depends on what color you have...metallic or not. Non metallic is a bit easier to fix, I know few sites out there actually can give you some pointers.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
You can always buy touchup paint from your dealer and try to fix it yourself, but it might not come out exactly perfect. The paint code is on the plate in the engine bay. You could also try and take it to a paint shop and see what they can do for you.<P>-Drew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts