SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to edmunds and other car websites my 2010 Audi Q5 has an inch or two more leg, head, and shoulder room in all seats. The whole reason I want a bigger SUV is for more room for my passengers. Do you all think those numbers don't include how far back the seats can slide? My seats in the Audi slide too.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
According to edmunds and other car websites my 2010 Audi Q5 has an inch or two more leg, head, and shoulder room in all seats. The whole reason I want a bigger SUV is for more room for my passengers. Do you all think those numbers don't include how far back the seats can slide? My seats in the Audi slide too.
According to all the numbers my prior Infiniti QX60 has more legroom than the new XC90 and this concerned me while waiting for my XC90 to come. I can tell you, and my usual passengers who sat in the back of both vehicles also agree, that the XC90 is WAY more comfortable even though the numbers would suggest otherwise.

As Endee said, you have to simply go see and sit in the new XC90 in person to know for yourself if it is what you want for your passengers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I totally agree with you Paradox! I'm 6' 1" 215lbs and I have plenty of room in the 2nd row, even with the front seat all the way back! You really do need to check it out for yourself!

·
Registered
89 Posts
According to all the numbers my prior Infiniti QX60 has more legroom than the new XC90 and this concerned me while waiting for my XC90 to come. I can tell you, and my usual passengers who sat in the back of both vehicles also agree, that the XC90 is WAY more comfortable even though the numbers would suggest otherwise.

As Endee said, you have to simply go see and sit in the new XC90 in person to know for yourself if it is what you want for your passengers.

Hi Paradox,

I have the QX60 now and my XC90 should be coming in two weeks.
How do you compare the trunk space between the two?

When I go on long trips I usually put down one of the back seats and that gives me enough space for two regular upright suitcases and two smaller ones. How do you compare the XC90 space?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Hi Paradox,

I have the QX60 now and my XC90 should be coming in two weeks.
How do you compare the trunk space between the two?

When I go on long trips I usually put down one of the back seats and that gives me enough space for two regular upright suitcases and two smaller ones. How do you compare the XC90 space?

Thanks

I honestly haven't noticed a big difference. I often take weekend trips with 5 people (4 adults and a child). We just take duffle bags for clothing and such and also take an electric 12v cooler and often do a lot of shopping while away. I find I can wedge everything in just fine like the Infiniti but never did measure to see if the opening or interior of the trunk is bigger width/height wise om the xc90. I do think you will fit what you described pretty much the same as you did in the infiniti.

Enjoy your xc90 when it arrives, IMO it is a much more luxury and beautiful car than the qx60 was. Great Christmas gift too, lol!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts