SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately the clock and trip odo are acting up. The clock will start going back in time on it's own like I hit 88mph,
and the T1 and T2 trip odo will randomly reset to 0. Oh and it beeps randomly>
The trip is usually only at start up, and the clock will randomly start going back. this is sometimes accompanied by a beep or not.
Anyone else have an experience with a DIM like this?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it might need to be sent out. Time to find a spare DIM so I can send it for repair, since my "back up car" is loaned out to a friend(hit a bear).
Anyone use a company other than Xemodex for DIM repairs? Seems there are a few others out there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
One of the forum members provided a link to these guys:
https://europeanelectric.net/t/volvo-cluster-dim-rebuild

I was gonna send them my DIM because the CEL and the triangle warning lights were out on my dash. In an email, they suggested I look to see if the bulbs had been covered with tape by the previous owner. I carefully took the DIM apart and sure enough, they were! They saved me some time and money so I thought I'd give them a plug although I haven't used their services. Their prices seem reasonable: $135 for a DIM rebuild, but again, I haven't used their services.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I figured it might need to be sent out. Time to find a spare DIM so I can send it for repair, since my "back up car" is loaned out to a friend(hit a bear).
Anyone use a company other than Xemodex for DIM repairs? Seems there are a few others out there.
I did, for the 02 V70.

You can't swap in another DIM. At least, be ready to clean the "odo rollback" code.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts