SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning to import my S 60 into the US next August. I need to switch out my speedometer display to mph. I would like to attempt simply replacing the face plate of the speedo cluster to the version that displays kilometres per hour in miles per hour. I’m wondering if anyone has a spare USA DIM version That they could pull off the face plate from and send to me?I am of course willing to pay for it I just don’t want to have to pay for a whole speedo cluster to get access to the face plate only. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Alright, how about just an inoperable DIM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well the gods smiled down on me this week. Went to the local wreckyard (in Hamilton ON, Canada) and didn't find what I was after so wandered around peeking into the different Volvo's they had on site. Opened the door to an S60 and what's on the front seat already removed, with dials exposed...a US-based MPH speedo cluster! Yahoo! I grabbed the speedo only but when I got home I realized that it was grey vs. the black dials in my S60. Went back this morning and grabbed the rest of the gauges too. Can't confirm that it will be an easy (and functional!) switch yet but am hopeful that it will be.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I would have seen this sooner. I have a dead DIM sitting in my garage.
Crap, well I may still take you up on that if these don’t work. I just noticed that the ones I picked up have a stopper at the 0mph and at 0rpm whereas mine do not. That may or may not mean anything. I will soon find out though....

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoot. Not compatible. Furthermore I can’t figure out how to remove the gauges without damaging the needles. Arrrgghhhh. Some googling reveals nada. Can’t figure out how to safely pry the gauges away from the board. All pressure seems to go right to the needle which doesn’t seem right.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

1 - 6 of 6 Posts