SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to find the answer to this question by searching the forum with no luck so here is the question, what is the difference between the two types of cabin filters? I see online that one is a basic paper filter and the other is carbon activated. I have to change mine on my 05 V70R and wanted to know if I could use either type of filter in my car. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Differences in cabin filters for P2 V70 (m491)

Yes you can use either one, just do not use both.

The carbon unit is for cars with IAQS, where the paper one is for everyone else.

If you don't have IAQS you can use the carbon unit, you just have to remove a small piece of plastic in the filter box (it just pops out in 2 seconds). The larger carbon filter goes in the slot closer to the engine. The paper filter goes in the slot closer to the passenger seat.

I like the carbon filter a lot, it works well at removing the smelly junk in the air.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Differences in cabin filters for P2 V70 (850arrrsaylikepirate)

How do you know if you have IAQS? I bought the car as CPO and it seems to have a lot of options but I don't recall seeing that one.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Re: Differences in cabin filters for P2 V70 (m491)

Check out the manual here:
http://apps.volvocars.us/owner...3.htm

Look under "Interior Air Quality System". If you look at your "Recirculate" button and it says "Man" and "Aut" on it then you have IAQS.

I would get the carbon filter regardless if you have IAQS or not. Some say that the larger filter slows down the air flow, but I don't notice it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.