SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of trading my S60 T5 AWD Sport with 18" Titania wheels for a V60 R design (a 2015 with 18" Ixion wheels).

Will I notice a major ride comfort difference between the S60 with sport suspension with 18s versus the V60 R-Design suspension with 18s?

(Yes, yes -- I would drive them myself and compare but the V60 I want is 2 states away...)

thanks

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
The Sport Package you had on your S60 T5 AWD is the Dynamic Chassis (since you said it has the 18" wheels) and it is just a tad stiffer than the regular Touring chassis, but the Lowered Sports Chassis (19" wheel package on non-R-Design models) is 80% stiffer and is a bit lowered when compared to the Dynamic Chassis. If the R-Design that you are looking at has the 18" wheels than you will have a very decent ride since those sidewalls are 45 instead of 40 like RD models from 2012-2013 had on 18" wheels. I drove all three V60's (T5AWD with Dynamic, RD w/18" and RD w/19") when I went to test drive and I found the 18" wheels with the higher sidewall made the RD chassis feel more comfortable than my previous 2012 S60RD with 40 sidewalls on the 18" wheels. In the end I chose the 19" wheel package on the V60RD because it road similar to my last RD and I liked the look better.

In the end you are definitely going to get some more feed back from the RD over the Dynamic Chassis, but not as bad as you may think. How are the roads where you live? I live in the NYC metro area and roads aren't great, but I still live with the 19" wheels with little complaints.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the detailed reply, PureDrive. You rock.

I live in the greater Cleveland area, so indeed, roads are going to be a potential issue... Thanks for the reminder about the dynamic vs. sport suspensions. I forgot about that. My 2014 has the dynamic suspension + 18" Titania

How about the throttle of the polestar-boosted T6 vs. the T5 AWD? I keep reading about the "jumpiness" of the throttle response on the R design.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Thanks so much for the detailed reply, PureDrive. You rock.

I live in the greater Cleveland area, so indeed, roads are going to be a potential issue... Thanks for the reminder about the dynamic vs. sport suspensions. I forgot about that. My 2014 has the dynamic suspension + 18" Titania

How about the throttle of the polestar-boosted T6 vs. the T5 AWD? I keep reading about the "jumpiness" of the throttle response on the R design.
The throttle for the T6 Polestar in non-sport mode is fine, but in sport, be ready to roll from a stop.

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
The throttle for the T6 Polestar in non-sport mode is fine, but in sport, be ready to roll from a stop.
What Pete said! It'll take you a week or so to get used to the throttle and then you'll be fine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the T6 with the sport chassis on 19's and the Polestar upgrade. In normal mode it's great, in sport.... it will make you smile, the car is very quick and a lot of fun to drive!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just did the Polestar last week and it does take a few days, But its all relative with that kick a$$ smile from ear to ear. Well worth it and i have the sport and 19 also

·
Registered
339 Posts
I see that Volvo is now offering the Polestar upgrade for the T5 V60. I will need to check that out and see exactly what's involved. Still babying the car around for the next few months but it's cool that the Polestar upgrade should be there when the time comes.

·
Registered
848 Posts
so is the chassis actually different between the cars, or is it just different shocks/springs/sways/bushings?

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
so is the chassis actually different between the cars, or is it just different shocks/springs/sways/bushings?
The 19" Lowered Sports Chassis and R-Design chassis is exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the T6 with the sport chassis on 19's and the Polestar upgrade. In normal mode it's great, in sport.... it will make you smile, the car is very quick and a lot of fun to drive!
Hi BlackLAB :)

Do you have a FWD 4 cyl. Drive E T6?
How much did you pay for the Polestar Performance Optimization software upgrade?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just did the Polestar last week and it does take a few days, But its all relative with that kick a$$ smile from ear to ear. Well worth it and i have the sport and 19 also
Hi connector :)

Is your V60 a FWD T6 Drive E 4 cyl. engine?
Do you notice a faster pick up speed and stronger torque from a full stop and also in 4th to 6th (transmission) gear?
How much did you pay for the Polestar Performance Optimization software?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts