SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the S70 was available in Europe with the R package, but not in North America. However, I can't seem to find what exactly was different between the two. Do any of you guys know what the R has that the T5 in NA does not?

Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that is all, then my t5 SE must be about as close as I can get.
It has the SC901 and the Suede. No blue gauges, no AWD and no center channel. I had considered adding the center channel, but was in a V70R with it and was not that impressed.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys for the responses. I agree with JRL thought hat an R did exist in AWD in the S70's. I came across 2 in my search. At least they say they are AWD.

However, you guys have provided me with what I was looking for.. Again.. Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is cool. Either someone is fibbing, or they did a bunch of work to make a 99 AWD S70 R

Would be a fun project though. However, I understand that if the car did not come AWD, you can't make it AWD. Something about the bottom pan...floorboard of the car being different. ?? Dunno

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That Saffron is just beautiful!!

JRL, your V70R I am sure would be a perfect car, but it is the wrong generation and color for what I want.
I love the G2 styling on the V70. The view from the rear on those cars is stunning. And I want black, with Atacama Interior. I am not above adding the interior myself though. But I want black. Or Saffron or Cassis
But mostly black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.