SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what the difference between iPds anti sway bars and elevates anti sway bars. the price I noticed is 498 and 448 but I'm looking for performance, measurements etc

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
what the difference between iPds anti sway bars and elevates anti sway bars. the price I noticed is 498 and 448 but I'm looking for performance, measurements etc
Go with IPD probally a better product and better service for sure. Also if you were to have problems Don will not get back to you and IPD will so you decide.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it's pick up sways used now from elevate off a local person or hold out til I bank enough to order iPd

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
well it's pick up sways used now from elevate off a local person or hold out til I bank enough to order iPd
Save up for the IPD ones. After I'm done with my power mods I plan on doing the suspension next.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
There have been a few people on here who have had trouble with the bushings included in the swaybar kit. I hope they post up here about what was wrong, but I think the bushings actually deformed after a while... I have no personal experience with either brand but I'd give elevate a shot if it was my money.

·
6,436 Posts
I've been very happy with my Elevate sways
they are as thick as IPD, but also offer three levels of adjustability so you can make them even tighter.
My vote is Elevate - no problems at all so far

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
There have been a few people on here who have had trouble with the bushings included in the swaybar kit. I hope they post up here about what was wrong, but I think the bushings actually deformed after a while... I have no personal experience with either brand but I'd give elevate a shot if it was my money.[/QUOTE

What brand has the bushing problems?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
If you are looking at used elevate sways keep in mind there have been two generations of these and the earlier ones were prone to snapping if I remember correctly. The second generation was good and are adjustable as tommy mentioned.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
volvo sway bars have sort of been an iPd specialty for 20+ years now... just some food for thought. If price is everything, ipd has a sale once a year and there is a worthwile discount. I paid retail for mine and it was worth it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^good point. reminder when are the iPd sales?!

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
^good point. reminder when are the iPd sales?!
Usually around May i want to say. They call it the "garage sale". They had a new online sale this year too though and that wasn't very long ago.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bushings

Bushings are a wear item and drivers that upgrade their sway bars typically drive their vehicles more "spiritedly". One thing that will cause premature wear is lack of grease on the bushing. We do carry the bushing and grease separately if they are ever in need of replacement.

Our bar kits also carry a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts