SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello R folks! Not sure the best place to post this questions. I have an '07 VR with HU 850, and would like to add bluetooth functionality (voice call, music stream from phone).

I know Moto IHF1000 was used by Volvo as an OEM bluetooth kit, but it doesn't support music streaming. I just saw that there's a TK30 model which seems to be the replacement for IHF1000. It seems to support streaming. I'm tempted to get this model and install myself.

Does anyone know if the installation would be similar to IHF1000? Would I need to get the Volvo harness separately? And any experience using it?

Thanks!!
Sam

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Go with GROM

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I hated the Volvo oem Bluetooth in my family's xc90 I use parrot now and love it no weird problems like all the sudden I can't hear who I'm talking to.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
s140s: care to elaborate why you prefer GROM? from what i've read & watched (youtube), switching between modes can be clumsy? it's quite expensive - I'll need the MST3 + bluetooth dongle which would total > $450.

logbomb: did you have the old moto IHF1000 or the tk30 model in your xc90? which Parrot do you have now? i would consider Mki9100 for its small display footprint, but am wary of the remote control quality.

Moto TK30 was my top choice (still am, i guess) and need some convincing to be talked out of it...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
OEm sound quality is bad. Grom with Bluetooth to my knowledge is 140$ on ebay. No probs with grom for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I have GROM on HU 850, it should work just fine. You can always contact the seller on ebay(which is GROM itself, and ask about compability).
Yes, I am in Schaumburg, there are also few other members in the area. I only have GROM for my AUX input, and I use OEM Motorola Hands Free. Everyone complains about sound quality during phone calls, so when I get a chance I will add the Bluetooth to my GROM unit.

Make sure if you buy from Ebay that the auction does include the Bluetooth Dungle

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
life would be so much simpler if you did one of these. Bluetooth streaming, HF calling, traffic tuner, HD radio, sirius satellite radio, ipod, usb, sd card, backup camera, stream youtube videos from your iphone/netflix/directv/hbo to go ect ect

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Burg: wow. what model is your pioneer? i've seen similar pioneer unit elsewhere online and was tempted. was also considering bluepower but there seems to be too many bugs and it's expensive. how much did this pioneer cost you (w/o installation), if you don't mind sharing?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
life would be so much simpler if you did one of these. Bluetooth streaming, HF calling, traffic tuner, HD radio, sirius satellite radio, ipod, usb, sd card, backup camera, stream youtube videos from your iphone/netflix/directv/hbo to go ect ect
Damn, your R has no options!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Mine is a pioneer 2012 model the avicz140bh. i am a authorized Pioneer dealer and can get you this unit, pm me for price. Retail is around 1199$ it's a real great piece, i could only deal with the factory Nav system for 5 days after i bought this new to me VR. So much Happier with the new system. Adding in stuff just makes things so complicated.

Sent from my Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Damn, your R has no options!
It has the stoopid oem navigation. What options does it need? PDC? Got a kenwood back up camera. Heated seats? would be nice. It does have third row seats, DVD overhead, two sirius tuners(1 radio, 1 sirius tv), alarm remote start paging system with gps :)

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It has the stoopid oem navigation. What options does it need? PDC? Got a kenwood back up camera. Heated seats? would be nice. It does have third row seats, DVD overhead, two sirius tuners(1 radio, 1 sirius tv), alarm remote start paging system with gps :)

No Heated Seats,No IAQS, no flip down rear headrest(good for messing with the drunks in the rear seats:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
No Heated Seats,No IAQS, no flip down rear headrest(good for messing with the drunks in the rear seats:)
Messing witht the people in the back seat is one of the best features that the R has ;) haha

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Looks like a nicely integrated unit.

A home run for me would be keeping steering controls, having an honest Pro Logic center channel, and including AirPlay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts