SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

I'm aware that things like a muffler or aftermarket air filter are not that effective in power gaining...

BSR / RICA and similar stuff is known... and probably will be my next step.

so, is there anything on the market for our cars with diesel engine to gain more power? bigger turbo, for example...? and if yes, is there the need for a custom software?

(sorry for my n00b-questions
I just don't know what to search for specifically...
)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Yes there is!

AS I told you before, there is a chiptuner/ motorsport house that sells custom tunes + bigger turbos (any turbo can be adapted). I assume that there are similar companys in other countries, not only in Portugal.

For a power level of 230 hp (+-) you'll need a gt2256 or similar + custom tune (very important!!!!) + oil cooler + bigger intercooler + de-cat, ressonators removal (like i did) and a few other things.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Re: Diesel engine -> performance mods?! (crossie)

well the air filter and exhaust will yield a gain, but true not much compaired to an ECU boost upgrade. (or a Turbo upgrade) BSR is nice, this will yield about as much as possible with the stock turbo safely

·
Registered
710 Posts
you can have your stock clutch reinforced.

I'm planning on 230hp (+-) and 400 and something NM on my car.

Probably this summer I'll post here the results.

BTW Rica gives you on the stock tune about 178hp and 380nm.

Considering my car already has 150hp and 350nm (stock!!!) the rica tune will probably go further.

230hp is a very realistic goal!

Modified by mJrO at 1:22 PM 4-16-2009

·
Registered
222 Posts
Re: (mJrO)

And how do you inforce the clutch mJrO? is it a DIY procedure? sounds good even without a performance upgrade, because, according to what i've read elsewhere, 2.0D clutches tend to start slipping early due to the high engine torque.

I know of people who have gone through a stock clutch at 90K km...

·
Registered
710 Posts
Re: (Guru)

a specialized shop can do it. It's not a DIY job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts