SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Did you buy or lease your XC90?

• Bought it!

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • Leased it!

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Neither, but I want to see the results...

Votes: 5 10.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a followup to the last thread where folks talked about how long they planned on keeping their XC90s, a lot of folks said they would until their leases ran out, while others bought outright. Did you buy or lease your XC90, and why?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
How about will you buy or lease? I guess those who haven't ordered yet cannot vote!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Leased. South Florida sun will kill a car. Only have a two car garage, and since two antique cars occupy it, the XC90 stays outside. Maybe the next owner will house it better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Leased it. First time leasing a car, actually. Did it because I know the tech advances within the next three years will have me lusting for a new car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Lease.

Doing it through my limited company.In the UK, this makes economic sense. Not sure what the situation tax-wise is in the continent and across the pond.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Waited for her for a long time and I plan on keeping her for a long time so we bought it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Bough it. The lease plans now are pretty bad comparing competitors. I finance thru a credit union and got 1.90 Interest rate.

·
Registered
192 Posts
bought it, finance rate was better than lease rate, and residual is too low.
Agree. Finance is the way to go due to low residual. What finance rate did you get. I'm picking up my car on Wed and currently speaking to my credit union. They are giving me '1.49% for 36mo' or '1.99 up to 60months'

Keep in mind the fed just raised the rate .25bp on 12/16. Volvo is still waiting to get back to me on their rate. I don't want to be strung while I'm at the dealership...so I might just go with penfed cu.

Thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
What are the rates some of you are getting through Volvo financing/dealer?

Just got 1.49 (36mo) or 1.99 (60mo) from Penfed CU

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since it's the first year of a brand new design, we decided to lease it. Hopefully they'll add more features and work out any kinks over the next three years.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Since it's the first year of a brand new design, we decided to lease it. Hopefully they'll add more features and work out any kinks over the next three years.
That's exactly what we will be doing leasing for 3 yrs. Plus with Ontario's PHEV rebate of $6,300 every 3 years it's a great discount! Then we'll go for the T8 Polestar :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bought it. Unattractive MF and residual made no sense to lease. I initially got 5 years/1.9% from my CU but Volvo dealer gave me 1.74% for 5years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Leased because 1st gen of the new build and I want the ownership risks to be borne by someone else. I can always buy it out later if it makes sense and our VIN is a good one. MF equivalent of 2.88% and a 52% residual for 15k/year on a 3.25 year lease not bad considering previously noted motivations for leasing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Better to buy it - poor residuals make for an expensive lease. You could get a Range Rover at the same rate as the residuals are much higher.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Better to buy it - poor residuals make for an expensive lease. You could get a Range Rover at the same rate as the residuals are much higher.
$777/month and a $31k buyout for what my wife wants and I don't have to be stuck with a possible lemon flavored car is just fine with me. To each his own.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bought ours. $10k discount and the US federal tax credit of $4k made it a no brainer for me. I plan to keep it for a while. This is our first family truckster :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts