SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Did you buy or lease your S60 / V60?

• Bought it!

Votes: 45 73.8%
  • Leased it!

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Neither, but I want to see the results...

Votes: 5 8.2%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a followup to the last thread where folks talked about how long they planned on keeping their S60 / V60s, a lot of folks said they would until their leases ran out, while others bought outright. Did you buy or lease your S60 / V60, and why?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I leased my current S60 and will be leasing another one shortly (when it freaking gets here from Sweden).

Main reason is - I don't keep any of my cars for over 3-4 years. My second car (Sonata 2.0T Limited) is purchased. I've had it for 2 years, 18K miles, and I'm already itching for something new, even though I love that car.
Also, S60, as of right now, is on the verge of a major redesign, so when that comes, I might consider purchasing it instead.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Bought. 0% financing made the decision easy, plus we really hang onto our cars, and they typically have high miles (typically over 150K).

·
Registered
13,483 Posts
I bought mine just because that's what I've always done - have never leased a car.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I bought mine just because that's what I've always done - have never leased a car.
Interestingly enough, 3 years ago, I would've never considered leasing. Then S60 came along, and for the first time in my life I leased. Now, I think there's a big chance that any next Volvo (and we'll always have a Volvo now) will most likely be a lease.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bought used, 1 owner, 4 years old, dealer maintained and 24,000km. At half the cost of new. Never made sense to me to buy brand new far too much depreciation and would never consider a lease.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bought it for two reasons: 1) daily drive distance 2) been waiting for a Volvo sport estate of this size with all its capabilities. Translation: It's a keeper!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bought it. I don't understand why anyone outside of a corporation would lease a vehicle.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Bought it. I don't understand why anyone outside of a corporation would lease a vehicle.
Because many people don't want to purchase a depreciating asset that they'll keep for a few years.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Leased it for three years then bought it.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I bought it too and use to think like you. The key to buying is keeping for a long time. But the last 3 cars we've owned, 2007 VW Eos, 2006 Lexus IS250 and the S60 has had major engine work done inside of 50k miles. Fortunately the warranty covered every one but my faith in the longevity of modern engines is waning. I'm wondering now if leasing might be the way to go from now on.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Bought it. Drive too many miles annually to lease. Hope to keep it to 180k. After our experience with Audi, I can see the benefit of leasing. Yes its more expensive than keeping a car for 6+ years, but we had major problems, and we would have had less stress knowing we could just drop the keys off after 3 years. We took the same hit trading it in. After you add up all the stress and time Im not sure buying luxury cars is the way to go, but we wanted something nice and as stated earlier, currently drive too much to lease. If we run into problems with this one, I may swear off buying luxury cars and get an Accord until a change in lifestyle occurs where we drive less miles.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bought it

Intend to keep this car a long time. My wife loves it and it would be hard to find something to replace it, especially since 6 cylinder wagons are very hard to find.
Larry

·
Registered
64 Posts
Leased it. This is my 5th lease (3rd Volvo, 2nd S60). I like to change vehicles every 3 years, and I typically drive around 12K miles a year which matches up well with a lease. Plus, Volvo has had some very attractive leases on the S60. I surprised myself leasing a 2015 S60 after my 2012 S60 lease was up. I usually go for more of a change, but I really like the S60 (obviously) and my dealer made me a very attractive offer to keep me in one. Hopefully, the new S60/V60 on the SPA platform will be available when my current lease expires. Not going to do the same car 3 times in a row.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought mine for multiple reasons:
1.) I hold onto cars for a long time (150k+ miles).
2.) I drive too much for a lease.
3.) I only buy used (got a year old R-Design w/ 3,500 miles for $15k off MSRP - can't beat that deal!).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bought it. I drive too many miles (over 25K/year), although since I tend to get bored quickly and am used to payments, I wish I could lease.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bought it. I like to keep cars at least 6 yrs. as long as they are running well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bought. We did OSD; leasing isn't an option.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I bought only because of the price... 15' T5 Prem Plus AWD with 8600 miles on it for 25k.. (Accidently CarMax Mismark).. Otherwise I usually lease.. But this one will go the week of the warranty expiring.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts