SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Power Blue is still available.

And Magic Blue is not a "weird blue"; it is one of the best dark blue metallic colors that Volvo has ever put out.

·
Registered
602 Posts
So they axed it but you can buy if found on lots??

I only checked S60 and it wasn't available:(
Frankly Power Blue was very hard to sell in my area. Magic blue though is darker then Caspian with a purple undertone in the sun and blackish at night. It is much better looking.
Women will buy masculine colored cars, men will not buy feminine colored cars. The Power Blue is border line fem.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
The power blue metallic is available for the S60 what is NOT available is the Magic Blue...
The S60 is available in both Power Blue or Magic Blue.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Not according to the online configurator. I also ordered a MY2016 and Fields Volvo told me that if I want the magic blue I have to take it only through OSD. Otherwise is not available in NA for the S60.
I am sorry but Fields Volvo is incorrect. The S60 is widely available in Magic Blue.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Not according to the online configurator. I also ordered a MY2016 and Fields Volvo told me that if I want the magic blue I have to take it only through OSD. Otherwise is not available in NA for the S60.
I was told this is the case for the XC60, not the S60.

Edit: But I didn't ask about the S60, just to be clear.

·
Registered
425 Posts
people say power blue is hard to sell ....but every customer I have ever showed that color to either loves it or hates it....it's a unique color and needs to be showcased to the right person. I am not even in sales but I switched a BMW3 series customer into an s60 just becuase of that color. His mom wanted him to have a volvo but he thought they were all dull and boring....that color was all he needed to change his mind. WE have had about 5 of them and they only sit on the lot until sales brings it the front...then it sells immediately. I think the perception in the salesman's eyes is what holds colors like that back.

Magic blue is amazing also and looks great on an xc60. looks almost black on an s60 though.

·
Registered
602 Posts
people say power blue is hard to sell ....but every customer I have ever showed that color to either loves it or hates it....it's a unique color and needs to be showcased to the right person. I am not even in sales but I switched a BMW3 series customer into an s60 just becuase of that color. His mom wanted him to have a volvo but he thought they were all dull and boring....that color was all he needed to change his mind. WE have had about 5 of them and they only sit on the lot until sales brings it the front...then it sells immediately. I think the perception in the salesman's eyes is what holds colors like that back.

Magic blue is amazing also and looks great on an xc60. looks almost black on an s60 though.
We had one in the show room for plenty of time and it was a tough sell. Ocean race XC60's went like hot cakes though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts