SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I "overhauled" my two front-facing sunroof drains per the copious stickies, videos, etc, and replaced the stock fittings and hoses with 3/8" ID nylon tubing, snugly (but not zealously) zip-tying the new tubes at the sunroof prongs and stuffing them through the drain holes at both corners of the firewall.

The job went fairly smoothly - the hardest part was yarding out the rubber drain ends that go through the firewall. But it's done, everything's buttoned up and I've got good draingage through both tubes.

Question is, has doing this job bitten anyone in the ass somehow? Anything crop up for anybody after a few months?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Curious, so is the idea that the zip ties keep the tube from working its way back out of the firewall? I was going to do that mod, but was worried about it somehow coming back out. Seems like a good idea...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The zip ties are at the top ends to keep the tubes from walking off the sunroof drain barbs - I'm definitely wondering what kind of betrayals I could be in for re: the bottom end though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts