SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Give Volvo a call before you go. The dealer isn’t gonna give you an answer with which you will be happy. Even if there was confusion over the promo, Volvo might honor it and send. They are very good with customer service at least in my experience.
Well I
Give Volvo a call before you go. The dealer isn’t gonna give you an answer with which you will be happy. Even if there was confusion over the promo, Volvo might honor it and send. They are very good with customer service at least in my experience.
I purchased the XC60 last day of
Here is a portion (I cut & pasted) of some email correspondence with my salesman from Marin Volvo in California where I bought the car.

" There's also an offer for a $500 charging credit through
ChargePoint or a ChargePoint Home Flex Wall Box. The documentation I have
doesn't say if the ChargePoint offer will apply to an incoming car, but I
can't imagine it wouldn't ."
The reference to an in-coming car would be a special order build from Sweden.
The Volvo I eventually bought was on the lot, so I will hold them to it.
I will tell you something though, the day I purchased the car May 31 but was bringing in the check in the next day June 1st (as I was paying cash, and incidentally I did not take the car home that day) June 1 Costco offered an affiliate $1,250 bonus on the XC60 for members only. Seeing that discount came on the first day of the month of June the dealership unwound my purchase and rewrote it for the June date and gave me the discount. This is the second new Volvo I have purchased from Marin Volvo in the last 5 years having spent 65K on the last car, so maybe they like customer loyalty (I got a $1000 discount for that too.)

·
Registered
8 Posts
After contacting Volvo Customer Care last week and having some polite back & forth with them, today they emailed me saying I am getting my ChargePoint promotion code to order my home charging station within the next few days.
I also stopped by the dealership and asked about the promotion and they assured me my 2021 XC60 Recharge I purchased qualified for the free charging station.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the update. When you get your code, I’d appreciate the general details (who the email came from, etc.). I have done a minor bit of back and forth so far, but I think I’ll have to do a full push soon.

After contacting Volvo Customer Care last week and having some polite back & forth with them, today they emailed me saying I am getting my ChargePoint promotion code to order my home charging station within the next few days.
I also stopped by the dealership and asked about the promotion and they assured me my 2021 XC60 Recharge I purchased qualified for the free charging station.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the update. When you get your code, I’d appreciate the general details (who the email came from, etc.). I have done a minor bit of back and forth so far, but I think I’ll have to do a full push soon.
I will post (cut and paste) the discussion I had with them and who I had the discussion with as soon as Volvo Customer Care comes through for me. I don’t want to jink it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will post (cut and paste) the discussion I had with them and who I had the discussion with as soon as Volvo Customer Care comes through for me. I don’t want to jink it.
Alexis
08/02/2021 10:30 AM
Hope this helps
Replies I received after contacting Volvo Customer Care & Your offer has arrived the code which came from On Aug 3, 2021, at 7:54 AM, Veraja, Chris <[email protected]>
The code worked, I ordered mine ChargePoint says there is a 4 to 6-week wait as these units are back-ordered, I didn't even have to pay sales tax!!
See below

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Volvo Recharge. Charging at home is a great way to ensure you always leave the house with a full battery and take advantage of everything your Recharge has to offer.

Follow the instructions below to redeem your complimentary ChargePoint® Home Flex home charger:
  1. Click here or via the button below.
  2. Add home charger to your shopping cart.
  3. Enter Promo Code h33dqrbub at checkout*.
Charge more, use less gas and enjoy all the benefits of your Volvo Recharge.

Hi Daniel,
No worries!
I've submitted your information over. Please bear with us as we are having this addressed. You should receive an email within the next few days with your promotion code to order your home charging station.
Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Alexis
Volvo Customer Care
800-458-1552
Announcing ‘Volvo Roadside Plus’ Learn More

Hello Daniel,

Please confirm your full mailing address and VIN and let me know if you would like the $500 credit or the home ChargePoint charger?

I will look into this to confirm if your vehicle was eligible for this promotion.
Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,

Alexis
Volvo Customer Care
800-458-1552
Announcing ‘Volvo Roadside Plus’ Learn More

Your offer has arrived
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Volvo Recharge. Charging at home is a great way to ensure you always leave the house with a full battery and take advantage of everything your Recharge has to offer.

Follow the instructions below to redeem your complimentary ChargePoint® Home Flex home charger:
  1. Click here or via the button below.
  2. Add home charger to your shopping cart.
  3. Enter Promo Code h33dqrbub at checkout*.
Charge more, use less gas and enjoy all the benefits of your Volvo Recharge.

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 Polestar
37 Posts
Dano68- thanks for this support! While I had a more strenuous discourse with Volvo Customer Care, I eventually broke through. VCC sent me to my dealer (no luck) to ChargePoint retail (no luck) back to dealer (irritated no luck) for at least 6 rounds--all denying they could help--and all pointing back to one another. After persisting with one of the reps, they referred be over to [email protected] who then kicked me back to [email protected] this morning. I emailed this address (VMClaims) with my VIN, Date of purchase, dealership and a couple hours later I received the redemption code. And now I wait for a backordered Level 2 charger.

·
Registered
2011 C70 T5; 2022 XC60 T8
99 Posts
...with my VIN, Date of purchase, dealership and a couple hours later I received the redemption code.
What year/model did you buy?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dano68- thanks for this support! While I had a more strenuous discourse with Volvo Customer Care, I eventually broke through. VCC sent me to my dealer (no luck) to ChargePoint retail (no luck) back to dealer (irritated no luck) for at least 6 rounds--all denying they could help--and all pointing back to one another. After persisting with one of the reps, they referred be over to [email protected] who then kicked me back to [email protected] this morning. I emailed this address (VMClaims) with my VIN, Date of purchase, dealership and a couple hours later I received the redemption code. And now I wait for a backordered Level 2 charger.
Glad I could be helpful, a little perseverance sometime goes a long way.

·
Registered
2011 C70 T5; 2022 XC60 T8
99 Posts
FYI, I just heard back from [email protected] that MY 2022 cars are not eligible for this promotion.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

21 - 36 of 36 Posts