SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It says we get a free account but doesn’t say what discounts we get. ChargePoint told me the dealers typically have free or discounted charging promo with new car purchase. I didn’t get anything though I didn’t ask. Has anyone had luck with this promo?

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
The accounts are free for anyone... I have one myself and don't own an electric car. They did have a promo and I'm honestly not sure if it's still ongoing, to get money towards a charging station, but that was pretty stupid because you had to buy the car first then get the promo... so you would have to wait to get the charger installed, while most folks install the charger before they pick up their car. It had a cash option too, which is what we had set up for folks. We only got a few and they sold out pretty quick other than our demo car so I didn't deal with the program more than once myself.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Even back in 2016, ChargePoint offered a $25 credit for setting up an account. The credit was applied to future charges at networked, pay-for ChargePoint charging stations around the country. It was a nice promo as you can more than likely find a ChargePoint station in metro areas, but even some small towns.

Check with your utility company for discounts on charging stations with partnering EVSE Manufacturers such as ChargePoint, Enel, et al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard a few hundred $ credit towards charging costs or credit for wall charger unit. Dealer trying to say it’s for XC40 only but website says all recharge. I’m gonna follow up w Volvo and ChargePoint to verify.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I heard a few hundred $ credit towards charging costs or credit for wall charger unit. Dealer trying to say it’s for XC40 only but website says all recharge. I’m gonna follow up w Volvo and ChargePoint to verify.
I was supposed to receive a ChargePoint home charger with my XC90Recharge but I have been waiting for months.

Let us know what you find out

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I was supposed to receive a ChargePoint home charger with my XC90Recharge but I have been waiting for months.

Let us know what you find out
The only promo I've know with the T8 cars was the repaying electric they did for a little. Unless the dealership worked the charger into the price, there hasn't been anything from Volvo I've ever seen that includes a charger beyond the charging cable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only promo I've know with the T8 cars was the repaying electric they did for a little. Unless the dealership worked the charger into the price, there hasn't been anything from Volvo I've ever seen that includes a charger beyond the charging cable.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Thost might be regional (as they look to be for California), or (and this wouldn't surprise me either), Volvo didn't do a great job communicating to the dealers about this. Looks like it's just for a lease. Did your dealer tell you you would get this or are you just waiting for it to occur on its own (which, just so you know, isn't going to happen)

Your one example: "a participating Volvo retailer in the states of Arizona, California, Hawaii and Nevada between July 1 2021 and August 2, 2021"

So it couldn't have been months there...

Reactions: VolvoUhu

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChargePoint did not know. Volvo North America checked and confirmed what my dealership said - the promo is only for the XC40 Recharge (fully electric).

·
Registered
5 Posts

It says we get a free account but doesn’t say what discounts we get. ChargePoint told me the dealers typically have free or discounted charging promo with new car purchase. I didn’t get anything though I didn’t ask. Has anyone had luck with this promo?
I bought a 2021 XC60 recharge T8 end of May and was told by the dealer I get a free ChargePoint charger. I was aware of the Volvo ChargePoint promotion as they can change every month but he assured me the promotion was ongoing the time I purchased the vehicle. I am still waiting so I called ChargePoint & they said Volvo will send me a promo code, and once I get the promo code go online to ChargePoint, purchase the charging station & enter the promo code then the price goes to zero. I called the dealer a few days ago to inquire about the promotion code and they said just to wait a couple more weeks. I'm going to personally drop in the dealership this week and find out what is going on..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a 2021 XC60 recharge T8 end of May and was told by the dealer I get a free ChargePoint charger. I was aware of the Volvo ChargePoint promotion as they can change every month but he assured me the promotion was ongoing the time I purchased the vehicle. I am still waiting so I called ChargePoint & they said Volvo will send me a promo code, and once I get the promo code go online to ChargePoint, purchase the charging station & enter the promo code then the price goes to zero. I called the dealer a few days ago to inquire about the promotion code and they said just to wait a couple more weeks. I'm going to personally drop in the dealership this week and find out what is going on..
Give Volvo a call before you go. The dealer isn’t gonna give you an answer with which you will be happy. Even if there was confusion over the promo, Volvo might honor it and send. They are very good with customer service at least in my experience.

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 Polestar
22 Posts

In my V60 T8 I picked up a few weeks ago, there was a postcard sized insert with the documents in the glovebox. Contains a chargepoint access card with unique identifier. Haven't had a chance to swing by a charger yet though to confirm what the benefit may be.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In my V60 T8 I picked up a few weeks ago, there was a postcard sized insert with the documents in the glovebox. Contains a chargepoint access card with unique identifier. Haven't had a chance to swing by a charger yet though to confirm what the benefit may be.
You are right! I just checked in glove box and the card was there like you said. I added the card to the ChargePoint account I had on my app. Don’t see any value once activated. I think it’s just a card that is for convenience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interested to see how others fare. Leased a 2021 T8 yesterday and opted for the charger, but it was less than clear how it will be fulfilled (I plan to follow up in a week).

·
Registered
2011 C70 T5; 2022 XC60 T8
58 Posts
Is this available for OSD purchases?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
You are right! I just checked in glove box and the card was there like you said. I added the card to the ChargePoint account I had on my app. Don’t see any value once activated. I think it’s just a card that is for convenience.
Same here - April 2021 V60 had the card. I activated and used a ChargePoint charger this week. No discounts, no credits. The card is just a key tag but it was easier to use NFC on phone.

·
Registered
2021 V60 T8 Polestar
22 Posts
Same here - April 2021 V60 had the card. I activated and used a ChargePoint charger this week. No discounts, no credits. The card is just a key tag but it was easier to use NFC on phone.
thanks... well, that's a let down to say the least... "we've partnered with ChargePoint to provide you with a free plastic keychain tag to add bulk to your pocket" :cautious: sounds to me that it just offers both Volvo and CP an opportunity to track how many of their PHEV's are using the network, filtered by you VLVO#### tag number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I‘m not sure it’s available for OSD. The ad states taking delivery of a New 20/21 T8 from dealer inventory from Jul 1 - Aug 2.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All I know is that Volvo North America said it’s only for the XC40 recharge. My dealer said the same thing, independently. So that’s probably right.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts