SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone in pa that might be able to help read my car and help figure out what is going on? Have an 07 s60r with intermittent issues and no codes. Also antiskid service required and chassis settings temporarily off is on. Thinking clockspring but would like verification. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have DiCE/VIDA to read I've tried multiple other tools. But there's no check engine light on and nothing shows up as pending. The only place I haven't taken it to yet is the actual volvo dealership. We even connected the obd doctor to it and according to the numbers the car is running fine but obd doctor wasn't able to be connected during the actual issue as it has been so intermittent. I had codes when I first bought the car that stated fuel pressure sensor. Turned out they had the wrong one in because somebody in the system labelled the part number wrong. That sensor only ever went on one s60 and that was the 2011 base model. Got the right one in and those codes went off and she was fine for a bit. I'm wondering if the fuel pump is going bad. I've heard those things take forever to die and can cause intermittent issues.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
It's on my budget for a month from now and I'm just south of you. If it's your daily then that might not be of much help, but for future reference I'll be glad to share. I just picked up the car this month and it doesn't have a reason right away, but I want set up for it.

As for a fuel pump going bad, they can linger... I had a Mustang and the pump went bad.. I drove it to Georgia and back and it would occasionally stall on me and generally pick back up. The last week, it became more common. No other issues, not CEL... just no fuel (old time car problems!) Then it failed and I dropped the tank and put a new one in. Haven't done it on a Volvo, but dropping the tank wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be at the time. I did it in an apartment complex, they were fairly willing to overlook my car repairs (they objected to me rebuilding a motorcycle in the living room).

Edit: Oh, I forgot... while I was limping it along... it failed far less with a full tank of gas. Below 1/2 tank it happened more often. Of course that makes for a bigger pain when you go to drop the tank, but something to consider.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's on my budget for a month from now and I'm just south of you. If it's your daily then that might not be of much help, but for future reference I'll be glad to share. I just picked up the car this month and it doesn't have a reason right away, but I want set up for it.

As for a fuel pump going bad, they can linger... I had a Mustang and the pump went bad.. I drove it to Georgia and back and it would occasionally stall on me and generally pick back up. The last week, it became more common. No other issues, not CEL... just no fuel (old time car problems!) Then it failed and I dropped the tank and put a new one in. Haven't done it on a Volvo, but dropping the tank wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be at the time. I did it in an apartment complex, they were fairly willing to overlook my car repairs (they objected to me rebuilding a motorcycle in the living room).

Edit: Oh, I forgot... while I was limping it along... it failed far less with a full tank of gas. Below 1/2 tank it happened more often. Of course that makes for a bigger pain when you go to drop the tank, but something to consider.
Thank you so much. Honestly a month from now would be ok cause I have to worry about inspection right now and I expectedly had my windshield crack. So some other stuff has to be put on the back burner. I'm halfway between state college and Harrisburg. A little closer to harrisburg but not much. Only thing of note here is a dirt track and the drive in. There are some things I'd like vida for as far as I've heard you can turn up the heat on the seats and turn off the daytime running lights so when you turn to 0 it actually is off which would be awesome for the drive in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts