SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hooked up my DiCE to the car and it seems to read the car OK (pulls the VIN) but the diagnostic tab is grayed-out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I hooked up my DiCE to the car and it seems to read the car OK (pulls the VIN) but the diagnostic tab is grayed-out. Any ideas?
In VIDA do you see the green bar 'connected' or the onragne bar 'disconnected'?
What's the status of the lights on your DiCE?

[Edit] Come to think of it I've seen that tab grayed out, I think I've just clicked on other tabs and then it works, but in my case I'm showing USB and Vehicle lights on the DiCE. Confirm your DICE is okay and working as expected.

[edit] Confirmed that with my china DiCE and VIDA2010D the diagnostic tab is grayed-out until after I click one of the other tabs. Not sure if this is normal but not a problem for me, my DiCE/VIDA seems to work fine in my case. (didn't check yet if 2011D also does this)

LTA

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
File under "bonehead":
I didn't select the transmission on the start page....

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
File under "bonehead":
I didn't select the transmission on the start page....
Yep that's the answer.
With a new installation of 2011D I just struggled with the same 'problem'.... user error, doh!

LTA

·
Registered
98 Posts
thanks

Yep that's the answer.
With a new installation of 2011D I just struggled with the same 'problem'.... user error, doh!

LTA
Just logging in to say thanks - your bonehead user error was my bonehead user error.

:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to thank all of the post that helped me figure out the VIDA - DICE installation and configuration. I had almost every problem that is on the forum, including the non selection of the transmission!

In the end I de-installed and reinstalled.For my input, start out with all versions of NET.frame uninstalled, IE 9 installed and then do the install. The install will install the correct version of Net.frame, etc.

NO SRS WARNING

1 - 7 of 7 Posts