SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just purchased a 2016 xc60 T5 2.0l and after doing as much research as I could I couldn't come to the conclusion if dice 2014d (the one with the green board that sells on Ebay) can be used with vida 2015 with online subscription.
I don't mind paying for a 3 day licence but just wanted to make sure it all works together.
Sorry if this has been covered before but I've been trying to find this answer for days without any success

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was told that it won't connect, VIN issue. Apparently 2015.5 is the last possible year of VINs that will connect to 2014D. I haven't gotten a chance to test but I will tomorrow on my 2015.5 (although that won't say if a 2016 would work...).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told that it won't connect, VIN issue. Apparently 2015.5 is the last possible year of VINs that will connect to 2014D. I haven't gotten a chance to test but I will tomorrow on my 2015.5 (although that won't say if a 2016 would work...).
I'm actually trying to figure out if it's possible to connect to VIDA 2015 (the web version) not VIDA 2014D as I know my car does not work with that version.

My question is if the device that people buy in Ebay (the green board one) can work with this new VIDA (the web version) as I'm not really sure if a hacked device will be accepted by volvo web servers when trying to connect to them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts