SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This friday I will be dropping off my car at my indy so they can hook up my methanol kit. Just wanted some ideas on jet size and start and max psi for the controller. pics to follow thanks.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Also I was thinking about mounting the controller with 3m tape right behind the steering wheel in front of the guages. I saw someone on here had a scan tool mounted there. I have a 5 GPH (315ml/min nozzle and a 7 GPH (441ml/min) nozzle gunna start with the # 5 use my IPD live data and monitor iat temps. The people at Devils own said if my iat does not go down 150 degrees throw in the # 7.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I would suggest asking your question in the forum on Devil's Own website and/or using their nozzle selection tool.

https://www.alcohol-injection.com/forum/turbocharged-engines/

https://www.alcohol-injection.com/forum/nozzle-size-calculator/

You should bear in mind that many of the meth kit manufacturers rate their nozzles at different pump pressures, so you cannot easily cross-reference them. From what I recall Devil's Own even provides nozzle ratings for a 100 psi pump pressure, but their newest pumps put out 200-250 psi, depending on how you set them up, so you have to multiply the rated gpm by 1.44 (the square root of two) to account for the difference between a 100 psi pump pressure and a 200 psi pump pressure.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My pump is pre set to 200 psi I guess. I edited my post above to add what size nozzles I have and what I was told thanks.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
With your upgrades what do you estimate your HP now before installation and what will the increase be? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no idea wish I could of went on the dyno first.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone else on here used a devils own or know someone who has one? Just wanted feedback on it thanks.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I run a .75 pre bps and # 3 right before throttle body and works great with my setup.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My kit is the stage 2.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I run 3GPH, 5PSI start, 15 PSI full blast.

Plan on running a nozzle bigger than that I hope you bought a bigger tank......I go through a gallon in about 3-4 days.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My tank is 2.25 gal and lasts a little bit. But I went through 1 gal on the dyno tuning day :) 12 psi start 15 max but I am still testing that.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
My tank is 2.25 gal and lasts a little bit. But I went through 1 gal on the dyno tuning day :) 12 psi start 15 max but I am still testing that.
Recommended is 5 start, smoother transition but that tank should last a week or so I have mine on all the time. Depends on the kit i guess. I like the AEM kit(pump and controller) and I have a devils own nozzle and nozzle holder/checkvalve coming in today.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i have the devilsown kit installed and the install is very easy! the only thing i am not impressed with is the the controller was defective from when i bought it so its off getting fixed or replaced and its taking a long time! Lucky says is should be a easy 16-18 HP gain! Starting at 5 psi seems kinda like a waste of spray because normal driving u hit 5 psi with out even trying... i have mine set to 10 low and 18 high

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
For the best results you need to play around with your set on psi and flow.

Lots of people start low the add more and more flow untill the motor bogs when the spray comes on, then back off some back to where the car is happy.

You should also whatch those iat tems, and timing as well. Our computer is very accommodating of giving the motor more boost and timing if it feels there is no detonation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts