SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an automatic with no mods as of yet. I see that installing a boost gauge is a popular mod. How do you determine your boost with out it? Is the boost gauge recommended for any type of situation?

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
A boost gauge is the easiest (and cheap) way. You can buy an iPD softloader and use laptop software that does it and also I believe you can do it with DICE/VIDA. Some older Volvo's (turbo bricks) came with a simple boost gauge on the dash, why the R didn't is a mystery.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this Browning's friend? Did you FINALLY get on SS lol? Reason why I ask is because I recognize the name.
haha yeah it is. Knew you were on here but didnt know your username. Not many post for me but i do a lot of reading on the site

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
A boost gauge is the easiest (and cheap) way. You can buy an iPD softloader and use laptop software that does it and also I believe you can do it with DICE/VIDA.
Yes, VIDA/DICE will datalog anything you want including boost. You get realtime readouts and you can also graph them over time.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Basically a boost gauge is an essential piece of equipment on a turbo car stock or not to measure boost levels and make sure your car is running at optimum performance. Stock boost level should max out at 15 psi roughly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts