SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally posted in the xc90 forum, but thought I would try this one also...<p>Does anyone know if the metal window surrounds on xc90 are chromed/aluminum/anodized aluminum? I have read that there are different polishes/cleaning agents for the different types of metal and I am not clear exactly what to use on window surrounds to keep them free of oxidation,spots, etc. I guess this question applies to the 2005 18'' wheels. Are the clear coated or just plain aluminum?<br>Anyone have any preferences of products to use detailing the metal?

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
Re: detailing wheels and window surrounds (pistolp1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>pistolp1</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> <p>I guess this question applies to the 2005 18'' wheels. Are the clear coated or just plain aluminum?<br>Anyone have any preferences of products to use detailing the metal?</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Wheelwax is a great product for the wheels as it makes cleaning the dust off a lot easier...<p>I'm quite sure the only issue you could see with the window surrounds is fading or "clouding." The reflective material is encapsulated to protect it from corroding, but I know for a fact we replaced window trim under warranty on several XCs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts