SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to post up some pictures of s60r_boy's 2007 Electric Silver SR that I detailed today. It was one of the better cars that I have detailed in recent weeks for customers. Here are the results and one of the pictures you can see the 2009 XC90 3.2 loaner I've had for a while since my R is at the dealer getting work done......

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (cmurphy2266)

Quote, originally posted by cmurphy2266 »
Looks awesome! How do you like the XC90?

Thanks! It is really a nice SUV and I have been enjoying driving the XC90 for detailing jobs like this one and driving to NYC for night class twice a week. There's only a few things that bother me about the XC90 are the seats don't hug my butt like the R (need an R-Design XC90 V8 with sport seats), the constant rattle from the alumn. door handles (they don't make a tight seal, I would just pop them off and silicone them back on), and it needs the V8!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Re: (PureDrive07)

Quote, originally posted by PureDrive07 »

Thanks! It is really a nice SUV and I have been enjoying driving the XC90 for detailing jobs like this one and driving to NYC for night class twice a week. There's only a few things that bother me about the XC90 are the seats don't hug my butt like the R (need an R-Design XC90 V8 with sport seats), the constant rattle from the alumn. door handles (they don't make a tight seal, I would just pop them off and silicone them back on), and it needs the V8!

Yeah, the S60 sport seats are awesome! It's going to be much different going from being so high in the air, to very low.

·
Registered
17,015 Posts
what do you use to get the wheels so clean ?

My orange ones are getting ot be a PIA to keep clean

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Re: Detailed s60r_boy's R today! (PureDrive07)

Looks great man. Bridgewater loaner?

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Chilled Man)

Quote, originally posted by Chilled Man »
what do you use to get the wheels so clean ?

My orange ones are getting ot be a PIA to keep clean

I use a little bit of Meguiar's Hot Wheels on the spokes and hose off after like 30seconds, then I use regular car soap with a microfiber mitt and Mr.Clean eraser. Next, I buff and dry everything off with a microfiber cloth. Finally there are two choices that you can use 1.)use carnuba paste wax to help repel the dust or 2.) Eagle1 has a spray that you put on that lasts 2 weeks {I just tried this out on my pegs a few days before I dropped it off at the dealer, will chime in about this later, but so far so good after 5 days}

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Detailed s60r_boy's R today! (JoshV70_)

Quote, originally posted by JoshV70_ »
Looks great man. Bridgewater loaner?

Yea they treat me better than my dealer [Red Bank http://********************/smile/emthdown.gif ] for service, so I go there

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (tomedkaz)

Quote, originally posted by tomedkaz »
simply stunning dude.
Can you tell your buddy that I'll take him up on his offer of his stock fog light grilles? He said he'd part with them..and I just lost one....

Yea he said if he turns in the car you can have the open-fog light grilles instead.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (FEO)

Quote, originally posted by FEO »
looks great!! tell S60R_boy to come here more often!

Sadly enough that car is coming to its lease end in a few months

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: Detailed s60r_boy's R today! (PureDrive07)

Looks great!

Curious as to your method for getting the stock exhaust outlets so bright and clean? Mind sharing the magic technique?

·
6,444 Posts
Re: (PureDrive07)

Quote, originally posted by PureDrive07 »

Yea he said if he turns in the car you can have the open-fog light grilles instead.

Perfect.
By the way, you want me to set up that Mets game?! i know we talked about it the last time but it never happened.....talk to him....heck - it's recession - we could do nosebleads!

·
Registered
998 Posts
Re: Detailed s60r_boy's R today! (pitaq)

Quote, originally posted by pitaq »
Looks great!

Curious as to your method for getting the stock exhaust outlets so bright and clean? Mind sharing the magic technique?

Yeah I would love to know also those pipes look great.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (The S60R Dream)

Quote, originally posted by The S60R Dream »
do you own a detailing shop? i might wanna drive down to you someday because that looks stunning!

I do this as a side business and do everything out of my home or in some cases I will even do this at the customers house. Hit me up if you are interested: [email protected]

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Detailed s60r_boy's R today! (cuseR)

Quote, originally posted by cuseR »

Yeah I would love to know also those pipes look great.

Cleaning the Pipes
1. Wash with car soap
2. Detailer Spray with a piece of clay
3. Apply Meguiar's NXT Metal Cleaner with a foam pad
4. Buff off with a Microfiber cloth and finish off with Mother's PowerBall on a drill to polish.
* For really bad exhaust pipes, you may need to use a dremel to polish the tips further!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.