SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there should be one or two? I checked today and only one of the remote keys has the blade. The second one was empty. Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't know, but it would be very surprising that only one of the remotes has a key blade. I'd definitely go back to the dealer and ask about it.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Does anybody know if there should be one or two? I checked today and only one of the remote keys has the blade. The second one was empty. Thanks
Each key fob should have a blade inside. You can also verify this in pp. 229-230 of your XC90 Owner's Manual.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you nh-ets. It's very helpful. I just checked the box and there is nothing else. As I did not really touch the box since I bought the car, probably the 2nd blade got lost before the box was given to me.

Lesson for future owners = check for both blades :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
thank you nh-ets. It's very helpful. I just checked the box and there is nothing else. As I did not really touch the box since I bought the car, probably the 2nd blade got lost before the box was given to me.

Good tip. The blades are separated for some reason. I watched my dealer insert the blades into both key fobs for me. He had to remove the key fob cover to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
603 Posts

Your salesmen should have shown both to you. Though I usually show how to open the key fob for them. Had one customer that that pulled the bottom down and broke the latch holding the back side where the batteries are.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

Thanks for the heads up!!!! Any other things to be aware of during the delivery process??? I need to start a list!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.