SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my motor is pretty much done and i dont have a car right now so im kind of screwed :(

long story short, i went away for the weekend on a trip, switched cars with my brother since i knew my volvo wouldnt make the trip because i just do local driving with it, and with all the ongoing issues ive been having with it, while my brother was driving it the coolant res cap broke the top clean off somehow, all the coolant slowly leaked out while he was driving and it ended up overheating badly and now the headgasket is leaking bad enough to the point where the car will barely start, and when i finally got it running last night i was able to limp it down to my shop which barely made it.

Head was rebuilt last year so i have like $500 dropped into that, but im not sure how much damage can be a result of driving the car with it overheating badly because it overheated on him once and then the on me again halfway to the shop so not sure if that would have damaged more in the head or motor other than just warping? like the bearings, sleaves and stuff?

Not sure what to do now because I had a spare motor here i was going to use, just had broken belt and bent valves so i was going to get the block checked, then use the block with my rebuilt head, well ofcourse as im taking the head off the spare block, one of the head bolts must have been frozen in the block because when it broke loose, it also took a huge chunk that broke off in the casting of the block where the upper area of the threads are

dont really have much money to spend because i was only expecting to get seals, gasket and machining done at this point but now going to need a motor so if anyone has anything for a decent price locally hopefully that wouldnt mind helping me out i'd greatly appreciate it :)

so anyways, its for a 97 850 glt 2.4t to be exact

feel free to post here, send me a message, email me or call my cell, i just need to try to find something soon at this point :(

thanks guys

bob
267-688-5696
[email protected]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey got yourmessage
Im in philly, pa
Have you ever shipped a motor before? Im guessing it is probably a bit pricey?

·
Registered
7,614 Posts
It'll be a couple hundred bucks depending on distance. I just shipped a manual transmission kit (175 lb) from Denver to West Chester PA and it came out to $220. Would have been $75 cheaper if shipped to a business with a loading dock.

But it's not hard, you just drain it, strap it to a pallet and wrap it in cling wrap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts