SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, the wife says she needs a 3rd row so our beloved Touareg has to go and we thought the XC90 would be a good match with our XC70 (08). Plus, I can't forget those ads in the 80s with the red 760/960 wagon and the Ferrari - once I saw the Passion Red that was it.

I really wanted an 8, but couldn't locate one. My gut is that the VW is likely quicker, but I'm hoping the suspension on the Volvo yields handling thats somewhat on par with the T.

Wondering how she handles with the suspension upgrades? Big difference from the standard suspension?

Thanks!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Re: Deposit on a 3.2 R design - Red/C (jhl1963)

My wife has a non sport 3.2 AWD with 7 seats. I drives it time to time and it handles quiet well as a SUV. I guess a sport model should even handle better than that. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,901 Posts

Quote, originally posted by jhl1963 »
<snip>
I really wanted an 8, but couldn't locate one. My gut is that the VW is likely quicker, but I'm hoping the suspension on the Volvo yields handling thats somewhat on par with the T.

Thanks!
You really need to get the V8 (with or without the R options)- very different animal than the 3.2 The trans is much better mated to the power delivery of the larger engine resulting in a superior driving experience.

·
Registered
8,839 Posts

R-D handles MUCH better than the standard car.
Plus, I prefer the R seats. They hug you better than the standard ones do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts