SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Volvo V60 R-Design T5 -20
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Today I was trying to demount the front grille of my car ( V60 R design -20). I popped all clips, but the grille are still stuck. I cant bend it at all, It wont move at all!, and the clips are popped. Any suggestions? I did the same on my girlfriends car, and that was no problem ( V90 Cross Country -18).

I've been watching a guy on youtube that shows how to remove the grille on a S60. But that guy did not have cables as I have. Look at the pic:
Red circles: Clips ( I did pop them, but not on pic )
Yellow circle: Do I need to take that screw off? It was more to the other side, but I think those screws only holds the cables in the front, and not in the grille..

Has anyone removed the grille before with these calbes?

·
Registered
196 Posts
The reason the video looks different is likely because it’s from the US (I’m assuming). Your V60 is specced with PPS (pedestrian protection system/hood pyrotechnics). There’s 3 sensors along the top of the grille, and then two on each side near the headlamp washers. The three in the center do in fact screw through a bracket, the bumper skin, then into the grille. You should be able to leave them connected and just undo the screw on each of the three. Then undoing the 16 clips around the perimeter of the grille should happen as normal

·
Registered
Volvo V60 R-Design T5 -20
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update:

I had to loosen those screws to get rid if the grille. And it was very tight så I had to use a bit strength

1 - 3 of 3 Posts