SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,<BR>I am new to this board and I have been reading it for a couple of months. I am in the market for a V70TR. One of the local dealers has a demo '01 V70TR with 9000 miles on it for $33500. I've never bought a demo car. Should I give it some consideration or look for a new '02/order an '03. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks, Bob

·
Super Moderator
39,217 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Familyman:<BR><B>Hey guys,<BR>I am new to this board and I have been reading it for a couple of months. I am in the market for a V70TR. One of the local dealers has a demo '01 V70TR with 9000 miles on it for $33500. I've never bought a demo car. Should I give it some consideration or look for a new '02/order an '03. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks, Bob</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Hi and welcome!<P>What is a V70 TR??? Never heard of such designation...<P>Yannis<BR><P>

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops! I meant T5 (I guess I was just wishing V70R). Regarding the demo model, my gut says go with a new car, although I have been wrong once or twice. Bob

·
Super Moderator
39,217 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Familyman:<BR><B>oops! I meant T5 (I guess I was just wishing V70R). Regarding the demo model, my gut says go with a new car, although I have been wrong once or twice. Bob</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Gotcha..Go for a 2003 T5, European delivery.<P>Yannis<P>

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Well, that depends. Demos are sometime driven harder, but that's not necessarily bad. How long do you plan to keep the car? If you plan on keeping it forever, then I'd go for the new one. If you are planning a shorter ownership, then I'd go for the demo. Just an opinion of course...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts