SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 04 sr m66 has 150k miles and I'm just finally getting to the awd after replacing the angle gear and collar gear.

Below is a readout from vida. Unfortunately time is not a luxury I have, so I was hoping someone could give me some insight as to what is faulty here since I don't have time to get under the car twice.

I plan on replacing the oil pump because I assume this is the one the car left the factory with. I have a spare DEM. I've read some people have gotten away by plugging one in and not reprogramming it. Any validity to this?

From the DEM codes, does it look like the pressure sensor is faulty? Or the DEM?

bonus question: from the codes listed, is it likely I have a CEM on its way out?

·
Registered
290 Posts
looks to me like its the temp/pressure sensor you find behind the DEM. I don think you dem is fried but its hard to tell. The sensor is very easy to get to on your own.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Is your battery original?

What does VIDA say about fault tracing? Can you get pressure readings?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Battery is not original. A lot of those codes are cleared now or garbage.

I didn't think about check for a reading. How does the sensor read? min at full voltage?

If the DEM is beat will I still get a pressure sensor reading? I haven't read up on it so I have no idea what I'm working with.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
Battery is not original. A lot of those codes are cleared now or garbage.

I didn't think about check for a reading. How does the sensor read? min at full voltage?

If the DEM is beat will I still get a pressure sensor reading? I haven't read up on it so I have no idea what I'm working with.
In vehicle communication there should be pressure readings and AOC pump voltages.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
If you have a new battery and all those voltage warnings keep coming back, then check and clean your battery terminals, looks like your various modules are dealing with less than ideal voltages.

And I agree with the above suspicions that its the pressure sensor and not the pump, but get your voltage issues straightened out first since it could be that instead of any sensor or pump issues.

As far as getting a better idea of what is up with the Haldex, once you rule out voltage issues, chart both the haldex oil pressure and the pump current for a couple of spirited runs and share a screen print with us to give us a better idea of what is going on with it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car was off and battery was run low from doing some fuel pump testing. those codes are fine and there is a legitimate reason for 90% of them. Don't pay attention to them

I'll try to see if I can make a run while logging those values but I'll probably just buy a sensor and pump and return the pump if it checks out via xemodex's flow chart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts