SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm about to install Delrin Subframe mounts from Kaplhenke. Anyone know the easiest way to press out the old mounts (and install the new ones)? I did order the tool as well. For removal, I was thinking a socket that has the right OD and length to put between the Car and the Subframe. Anyone know what to use, diameters and lengths of spacer etc?

Any other methods would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance,
Hugh

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I had the subframe out when I did mine and had to cut/drill and pry them out it was a PITA kind of. Are you talking about lowering one corner of the subframe, putting something in between the bushing and the car and then using a jack to push the subframe up which would make the bushing pop out downwards? If so, I don't know if the weight of the car would be enough you might end up just jacking up the car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
air hammer, between the outside of the bushing and the sub frame, make a "cavity" all the way up to the body to put a pry bar in, pry bar them out, use a pole jack or a floor jack to press the back in, or just the bolt itself,
done

·
Registered
236 Posts
I believe my mechanic used a slide hammer with a spiggot bearing puller, he said something about preferring not to get heat onto an alloy subframe

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Use a 2" hole saw Takes like 3 minutes per mount. So easy Do not let a mechanic say it is hard.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Both the air hammer and hole saw ideas are making me feel like an idiot for the way I did it haha. Probably could've saved myself a little time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts