SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change my front LCA bushings to something more solid, polyurethane ones wear out quickly as well as the rubber stock ones.

You can buy a block of Delrin off ebay and then have it machined down to fit. Would this work? Pros and cons?

On a side note maybe we can petition Kaplhenke to make LCA's for the P2's like the ones he has for the P80.

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
I like the second option. However, the rear bushing would have to remain rubber (or made spherical type) as it flexes. Theoretically all it takes is copying the bushing design and machining the delrin down to size. I don't know how well that would work.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I've got a rough design for an adjustable rear lower control arm. Due to the OEM design it is hard to keep costs down and still be safe in my opinion. I haven't really done anything with it for almost a year for this reason.

As for delrin bushings, if you can make them yourself, try and report back. Delrin is big with all the Corvette guys. There are different grades so make sure you do your research.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Poly bushings don't last? I thought the consensus was that they were good for a long time?

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
There have been mixed reviews on Poly longevity. I'm going to be in possession of some worn out P2 XC LCAs next week and I figure I'll buy some Delrin and go build some. I googled Volvo delrin LCA bushings and back in the day it appears the now defunct QBM made LCA bushings for the 2 bolt 850 LCAs. Front should be easy but the rear can't be done in delrin because the bushing is normal to the axis of rotation.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Why don't you get on viva and order the poly LCA bushings?

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you putting the xc lca's on the R? The XC lca's are longer...

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
No, I kinda just want a project. I know XC LCAs don't work on an R. However the bushings are identical. I doubt it would go anywhere. Poly does 90% of what delrin does with none of the work.

·
2,521 Posts
I put poly on the front and rear bush of the control arm, the front is 100 but the rear is f*cked beyond belief, what a waste of $$$... Only other option I see is rubba, delrin may not be machined perfectly and might squeek

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I put poly on the front and rear bush of the control arm, the front is 100 but the rear is f*cked beyond belief, what a waste of $$$... Only other option I see is rubba, delrin may not be machined perfectly and might squeek
Glad I didn't waste my time putting poly on the rear bush.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Which rear poly bushing did you use?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I put the powerflex on the front bushing for the front control arms and put the XC70 bushing for the rear position on them. And also powder coated the arms sonic blue! Just cuz.

·
2,521 Posts
I put the powerflex on the front bushing for the front control arms and put the XC70 bushing for the rear position on them. And also powder coated the arms sonic blue! Just cuz.
How long have they been lasting?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
How long have they been lasting?
+1 I would do the same if they're better than the R ones

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
They are differnt. Look more durable. Idk have about 100 miles on my current build right now and it's sittin in garage waiting to get tuned. They look sweet though

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
They are differnt. Look more durable. Idk have about 100 miles on my current build right now and it's sittin in garage waiting to get tuned. They look sweet though
Are they just the same as the "extended life" ones that are sold?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Yeah. The extended life ones are the XC70 bushings.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts