SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just started installing Kaplhenke delrin subframe mounts. When pressing in the mount the center aluminum block pulled through, instead of the mount seating in the subframe. Has anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it?

I tried putting the weight of the car on the top of the aluminum block and tried to press it back down. However that did not work, even hitting it with a mini sledge hammer with the weight of the car on it. They have a ring to prevent them from coming out so I'd have to drill/cut it out if that were the case.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Guys, just an update.

Ben Kaplan got back to me super quick! Even on a weekend at like 6pm on a saturday when I discovered the problem. Great service.

Turned out I just needed to beat the Christ out of it with a hammer and block of wood against the delrin. All turned out fine.

***If you have the supplied tool, to prevent this make sure you have the cup side of the tool/aluminum block facing up. I also had to grind down the inside of the tool/cup so that it would fit over the bushing properly.***

P.S. DangerClose18 = HughCF18 because I forgot my password

1 - 2 of 2 Posts