SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been lurking for some time now and just signed up on the forum after placing an order for a T6 R-Design in Bursting Blue. Have been given a mid-November eta to the dealer and can't wait to see it in person! Anyway, this being my first Volvo I was wondering what I can expect for delivery miles on the vehicle when it arrives at the dealer. I've had new cars with anywhere from 11 to almost 50 (non-demo) miles on them at pick-up. Should I expect similar for the Volvo, or do they do additional factory road testing I should be aware of? This is also another way for me to make sure the dealer doesn't do any unnecessary joy riding until I can take delivery!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Hi all, been lurking for some time now and just signed up on the forum after placing an order for a T6 R-Design in Bursting Blue. Have been given a mid-November eta to the dealer and can't wait to see it in person! Anyway, this being my first Volvo I was wondering what I can expect for delivery miles on the vehicle when it arrives at the dealer. I've had new cars with anywhere from 11 to almost 50 (non-demo) miles on them at pick-up. Should I expect similar for the Volvo, or do they do additional factory road testing I should be aware of? This is also another way for me to make sure the dealer doesn't do any unnecessary joy riding until I can take delivery!
Why would a dealer want to joyride with your car? Plenty of other cars plus each dealer has a demo...

·
Registered
46 Posts
As GrecianVolvo said they won't want or need to joyride in your car but do not be surprised if it has 11-50 miles on it as Volvo does randomly selected testing on their cars on their test track. I did an overseas delivery and my new XC90 had 47 miles on it, when I inquired as to why they looked it up and told me it was randomly selected for testing. During the factory tour the again said that they do randomly selected road testing on their test track.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would a dealer want to joyride with your car? Plenty of other cars plus each dealer has a demo...
Comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, didn't intend to imply that a dealer might do something inappropriate...:rolleyes:

As GrecianVolvo said they won't want or need to joyride in your car but do not be surprised if it has 11-50 miles on it as Volvo does randomly selected testing on their cars on their test track. I did an overseas delivery and my new XC90 had 47 miles on it, when I inquired as to why they looked it up and told me it was randomly selected for testing. During the factory tour the again said that they do randomly selected road testing on their test track.
Very helpful info - thanks!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
and the correct answer is: YMMV :)

My last two OSD vehicles at the FDC had 11 and 3 miles on them respectively ... and there was a mile or two additional put on the odometer between the time I dropped it off and when I picked it up again at the US dealer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So far I've found that it's pretty random the amount of miles that normal (non-OSD) XC90's have on them. Whereas the other cars almost always have 9 or 10 miles on them.

On one particular shipment I got three First Edition XC90's, and the miles were: 21, 26, and 31.

Also remember that the the car has to be driven for the PDI and gas fill, so it will certainly have a few extra miles beyond that when you actually take delivery.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ummmm.. what's up with those malfunctions on ALL three of those FEs?

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Ummmm.. what's up with those malfunctions on ALL three of those FEs?
All cars (including yours ;) ) display this message when they come off the cargo vessel. Most software is disabled for the primary reason to preserve the battery during long storage periods. Once they get to the retailer, the service department wakes up the cars by downloading ALL the related software which restores the full acceleration functionality.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All cars (including yours ;) ) display this message when they come off the cargo vessel. Most software is disabled for the primary reason to preserve the battery during long storage periods. Once they get to the retailer, the service department wakes up the cars by downloading ALL the related software which restores the full acceleration functionality.
Will this also include the big November software update for vehicles delivered after it is released?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ahhh.. Gotcha! Schooled again! Thanks Yannis :)

Although I do hope the dealer puts some gas in the car!

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Will this also include the big November software update for vehicles delivered after it is released?
As I mentioned above: at the time when the car is taken off the sleep mode and is getting prepped for the lot or delivery, all available software (including updates) is downloaded to the car in order to ensure optimum performance in all facets of its operation.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Ahhh.. Gotcha! Schooled again! Thanks Yannis :)

Although I do hope the dealer puts some gas in the car!
They are supposed to deliver every new car with a full tank of gas; we reimburse them with a fix amount of $$$ to get the car prepped, including gas.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
mine had 6 miles on delivery

·
Registered
17 Posts
41 miles - must have been a tester? We are thrilled with her!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A momentum that I got to look at (buyer fell through) was still in sleep mode on lot. At that point is assume there was 0 miles on it. I was comparing inscription ( tester) vs momentum interior etc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We had 44 KM at OSD time. Should be interesting to see how many more were put on shuttling it from ship to carrier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts