SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At long last, she has arrived after nearly 4 months... Momentum+ with Bowers, Climate, Convenience, Vision, wheels, Air suspension and Urban Kit, and Contour seats...basically an Inscription minus the emblems :)

First and foremost, she drives like the test drive...wonderful...smooth, fast and what both my wife and I noticed immediately was seat comfort. Its her car and she loves it. Thank you to all on this forum for the excellent discussions and Q&A that 'drove' me to this decision.

A couple of questions (not sure if issues or just that I can't figure it out yet)

1) ambient light on the headliner center where it says 'auto' and the overhead lights are....stays on even after I lock the car and go in the house....Looks like it shuts off in order...interior right away, then all ambient and then this little backlit light stays on for a very long time....first time I looked it went off after I'd say 15min...then last nite it stayed on all nite I believe.... Is this a known issue or does it automatically go on when I come near the car with my FOB? But why just his light? Im very worried it might drain battery if not working correctly

2) Navigation.. I can't figure out how to 'cancel' a route...just 'pause' or 'continue' so its sits there at 'pause' which is annoying since I'm not really using it...Is there a way to simply cancel?

3) Air Suspension...supposed to drop low when I stop the car to ease exit....but its not consistently doing this...sometimes it does, sometimes not...anyone have any issues with this?

Nothing else to report yet.... thx

·
Registered
673 Posts
2) Navigation.. I can't figure out how to 'cancel' a route...just 'pause' or 'continue' so its sits there at 'pause' which is annoying since I'm not really using it...Is there a way to simply cancel?
There are two ways that I know of to cancel the guidance. The easiest is to use the voice command "clear itenerary". The other way is to maximize the NAV screen and then touch the destination at the top of the screen. This will bring up a screen which allows you to delete individual destinations or clear the entire itinerary.

·
Registered
148 Posts
3) the suspension won't adjust when the doors are open. So you either need to chill in the car for a few seconds after you turn it off. Or, get out as you normally would. When you come back later, to get in, it'll be lowered.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are two ways that I know of to cancel the guidance. The easiest is to use the voice command "clear itenerary". The other way is to maximize the NAV screen and then touch the destination at the top of the screen. This will bring up a screen which allows you to delete individual destinations or clear the entire itinerary.
got it thanks! That was NOT intuitive!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
3) the suspension won't adjust when the doors are open. So you either need to chill in the car for a few seconds after you turn it off. Or, get out as you normally would. When you come back later, to get in, it'll be lowered.
my doors were closed when I approached the car this morning and the suspension was high not low...when I opened the door nothing happened either.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My experience with the air suspension is that the lowering will start once the ignition has been turned off. If a door is opened during the operation, the process will halt. It will resume once I grab the door handle to lock the car. I really haven't paid attention to it when it's parked in my garage unlocked to see what happens if I open the door before the lowering process completes to see what it ends up in when I get in the morning.

·
Registered
162 Posts
@andy603, would you mind posting more pics of your SUV? I'm liking the Urban styling kit on the Momentum! Only your first pic is showing up at least on Tapatalk.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@andy603, would you mind posting more pics of your SUV? I'm liking the Urban styling kit on the Momentum! Only your first pic is showing up at least on Tapatalk.
my wife has it today and I'd be happy to post later this evening if its still light out. Love the contoured seats as well and will post.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I thought urban kit also has front decor frame, which I don't see in this picture.

At long last, she has arrived after nearly 4 months... Momentum+ with Bowers, Climate, Convenience, Vision, wheels, Air suspension and Urban Kit, and Contour seats...basically an Inscription minus the emblems :)

First and foremost, she drives like the test drive...wonderful...smooth, fast and what both my wife and I noticed immediately was seat comfort. Its her car and she loves it. Thank you to all on this forum for the excellent discussions and Q&A that 'drove' me to this decision.

A couple of questions (not sure if issues or just that I can't figure it out yet)

1) ambient light on the headliner center where it says 'auto' and the overhead lights are....stays on even after I lock the car and go in the house....Looks like it shuts off in order...interior right away, then all ambient and then this little backlit light stays on for a very long time....first time I looked it went off after I'd say 15min...then last nite it stayed on all nite I believe.... Is this a known issue or does it automatically go on when I come near the car with my FOB? But why just his light? Im very worried it might drain battery if not working correctly

3) Air Suspension...supposed to drop low when I stop the car to ease exit....but its not consistently doing this...sometimes it does, sometimes not...anyone have any issues with this?

Nothing else to report yet.... thx

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Here is a collage. Previous poster noted he didn't see front decor frame....neither did I ! WTF! Its in the photo in the configurator. Thank you for noticing...I will be calling the dealer tomorrow!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks, man! I notice the decor thing as well, but thought you wanted it that way. Imo, given less of the chrome on Mo vs Inscription, it looks better without that frame.

The seats are sick.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks...frankly, I'm not sure which will look better...I'm more irritated that somebody missed this during port install process...either forgot or didn't have the piece...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts