SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW -

So glad I finally pulled the trigger - For those who had read my test drive review some months back, after having taken delivery I can now confirm there was definitely something wrong with the model I test drove - both with the a/c and the ECU programming. The A/C in my new car is plenty strong and more importantly, the car is as quick as it should be. I presume there was an issue with the settings as in my test drive some months ago there was little discernible difference between dynamic and comfort. In my new car, the difference is night and day. In fact I was driving at around 75 mph on the highway and switched from comfort to dynamic and the car literally took off.

Something unexpected is the initially high mpg as I had read to keep expectations realistic. I understand that some dealers are filling their cars' initial tank with 87 octane, however, my dealer drove me in my car to the station and I watched him fill it with premium (93 octane). In highway driving from the dealership to my house at approximately 80mph, I averaged (on the trip computer) close to 27 mpg. The following day in only city driving (with very light holiday traffic and in comfort [not economy] mode trying for best mpg) I averaged close to 26. I imagine when I try it in dynamic driving normally (or even aggressively) it will be significantly lower, but I was attempting to see the limits of best case driving, and I will be breaking the car in easy anyway.

In any event, my dealer Weston Volvo, was absolutely first rate and did everything possible to make a great experience from the trade-in to purchase to delivery process. I will be bringing the car back soon for Apple carplay installation. And would consider the polestar optimization ECU upgrade once reviews are in.

I got the car for my wife and she was blown away by the luxury of the interior (and the comfort of the seats - they are bar none the most comfortable seats I have sat in - in a car or out of a car) - Osmium Gray Momentum Plus with B&W and Convenience and 20inch wheels. I chose the momentum over the inscription as I liked the roof rails, preferred the 'cheaper' leather as I believe it will wear better with my active life-style, little kids, dog, etc., I preferred the momentum optional 20inch wheels, and the black grill.

In one day of driving I was able to self-teach (I didn't have time at the dealer for tutorial though they tried - and did not read the manual) nearly all of the systems though I am enjoying the learning process.

I find the auto-lane/steering to be non-intrusive and helpful. The front collision warning was a little too intrusive until I changed the setting (you can customize for when it will let you know you are too close to the vehicle in front of you). The brake feel is excellent.

I found the navigation to be easy to utilize for basic functions and the subsystems to be intuitive. I was able to electrically fold down (before I installed car seats) the second row head rests from a menu in the center display easier than doing it manually (in fact I still haven't figured out how to do it manually). It would be nice if you could do the third row in that manner as well. Also, pulling the third row up from the folded position from the rear hatch - I'm wondering if there is an easier way as I have to literally climb in.

Activating rain sense wipers was not intuitive - had to look that up online.

And having to hold the memory seat # each time I get in the car - and hold the button until mirrors go to proper position seems crazy - but I understand this will be a key option update in quarter 2 or 3 of 2016.

If any one knows - my dealer told me the small extra valet key is waterproof - is this true? Pretty amazing if it is. Has anyone taken it under water/in salt water?

Thus far am extremely happy with the purchase - the car is vault solid - not a creak or rattle yet - and no electronic bugs out of the dealer - time will tell.

·
Registered
674 Posts
And having to hold the memory seat # each time I get in the car - and hold the button until mirrors go to proper position seems crazy - but I understand this will be a key option update in quarter 2 or 3 of 2016.
I think you only have to hold down the memory button if the door is closed. This is a safety feature. If you press the memory button right after you open the door, it should fully align the seat and mirrors with just a short button press.

Glad you're enjoying your new vehicle. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you only have to hold down the memory button if the door is closed. This is a safety feature. If you press the memory button right after you open the door, it should fully align the seat and mirrors with just a short button press.

Glad you're enjoying your new vehicle. Welcome to the club!
Oh - thanks for the tip. Will try that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried pulling up the 3rd row seats from the 2nd row after you pull up the 2nd row seat?
Yes - that is definitely the easier way to do it. Was just wondering if there were an easier way from the rear hatch.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I chose the momentum over the inscription as I liked the roof rails, preferred the 'cheaper' leather as I believe it will wear better with my active life-style, little kids, dog, etc., I preferred the momentum optional 20inch wheels, and the black grill.
Congrads!

BTW I had the same feeling about the grill - I liked the black grill better than the grill on the Inscription (I actually like the front of the original XC90 better, but that's a different story!)

I find the auto-lane/steering to be non-intrusive and helpful.
I'm getting used to it. First after 3,000+ km in Europe and now that I've got my car here in the states. What it tells me is that I like to keep to the right - I guess I ride the stripe on the right hand side of the road (always have). Now its training me to be more in the centre of my lane ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.