SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to delete selected "Recent Destinations" from the Navigation memory ? The other categories Library, Favorites, etc., have a "Clear Itinerary" that you can select, but not "Recent Destinations" . Cannot find any reference to this in the owners manual. Thank you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know how to delete selected "Recent Destinations" from the Navigation memory ? The other categories Library, Favorites, etc., have a "Clear Itinerary" that you can select, but not "Recent Destinations" . Cannot find any reference to this in the owners manual. Thank you.
I have the same question. Anyone know the answer?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Probably the same way you delete previously paired iPhones.

You can't.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Press the voice activation button then say, "navigation." It will then ask what you want to do, then say, "clear itinerary." It will ask to confirm, then say, "yes."

·
Registered
46 Posts
Actually, its my wife's car. The following 3 steps demonstrate the problem she is having.

1. press the message button on the right side of the steering wheel (some might call it the "hamburger button")
2. then use the arrow keys to select Navigation
3. then scroll through a LONG list of previous destinations before finding the one she wants

It would be better if the list could be made shorter by eliminating destinations that never will be used again. When the car is 3 years old, the list might include hundreds of destinations. The list gets even longer because the same destination might be entered more than once. The list becomes useless if it is too long.

Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just my wife?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Actually, its my wife's car. The following 3 steps demonstrate the problem she is having.

1. press the message button on the right side of the steering wheel (some might call it the "hamburger button")
2. then use the arrow keys to select Navigation
3. then scroll through a LONG list of previous destinations before finding the one she wants

It would be better if the list could be made shorter by eliminating destinations that never will be used again. When the car is 3 years old, the list might include hundreds of destinations. The list gets even longer because the same destination might be entered more than once. The list becomes useless if it is too long.

Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just my wife?
Doesn't sensus allow for the creation of 'favourite' destinations that you can save and call up quickly?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Press the voice activation button then say, "navigation." It will then ask what you want to do, then say, "clear itinerary." It will ask to confirm, then say, "yes."
I agree. Your suggestions clears the current destination, but it does not eliminate the long list of all previous destinations. See the previous post (#7) which explains the problem.

Because of your position as a Volvo Sales Manager, would you ask Volvo if there is a fix to this problem?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Doesn't sensus allow for the creation of 'favourite' destinations that you can save and call up quickly?
Yes. You can create a list of Favorite Destinations that is accessible on the Center Screen. Unfortunately, Favorite Destinations is NOT accessible using the message button on the right side of the steering wheel.

Because of poor Sensus voice recognition, my wife finds it much less frustrating to use the Message Button on the right side of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found this on the topic, hope it helps:

Delete Recent Destinations in the Navigation:

With the new software, you are now able to delete previously set destinations in your Sensus Navigation system. Simply tap the Nav tile, maximize the screen, tap the Recent tab, select Edit, then select either "Delete All" to delete the entire list or tap the trash can next to a single destination to delete it one at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts