SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Goddamn Volvo, I would have presumed something under constant tension when in use would have been fused together or maybe even sewn. Tailor's fabric tape? That **** barely makes it down a runway at a fashion show....and SO little was used!

So now I have the conundrum, do I go through warranty on this in which case the fix may be to replace the entire shade and therefore have to take the door apart and risk introducing reassembly rattles, or try and find an appropriate fabric adhesive that isnt ****ty double sided tape like they used initially?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Definitely warranty.

If there’s one thing Volvo got right about these cars it’s the door card assemblies.

Two torx screws and they lift right off. None of those stupid pop fasteners that never go back the same way again. Should be easy for them to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely warranty.

If there’s one thing Volvo got right about these cars it’s the door card assemblies.

Two torx screws and they lift right off. None of those stupid pop fasteners that never go back the same way again. Should be easy for them to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess I'll give that a whirl....I'm as excited to see the dealer as they are to see me.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
It' funny enough - just a few hours ago my 4 yo threw a tantrum and managed to bent the rod on this thing - in wife's Q7 so I inspected it closely and it is sewn with a strip of additional material for reinforcement.
Earlier I was thinking to add Inscription door panels but doesn't look it makes sense...

From my past experience - Volvo probably used some kind of eco-friendly glue but it begins to disintegrate way too early. Does anyone remember door panels on S70/V70?

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It' funny enough - just a few hours ago my 4 yo threw a tantrum and managed to bent the rod on this thing - in wife's Q7 so I inspected it closely and it is sewn with a strip of additional material for reinforcement.
Earlier I was thinking to add Inscription door panels but doesn't look it makes sense...

From my past experience - Volvo probably used some kind of eco-friendly glue but it begins to disintegrate way too early. Does anyone remember door panels on S70/V70?
YUP! And they skimped on the glue for the 2016 leather dashes and had to spend thousands replacing those.

Volvo needs to get a grip on this eco **** with the glue...if one extra horse has to die so my **** doesnt fall apart after 3 years I'm all for it. Test this stuff in hot and humid environments for cripes sake.

People are gonna start freaking out with this thing comes unglued just sitting there and sucks up inside the door just leaving the rod sitting there....and it WILL happen with this shoddy fabrication.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Shoot, Volvo did a piss poor job "gluing" the windshields in on the XC60's for the first 3 or 4 years of production? Seems to be a trend indeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts