SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to Osoyoos from Vancouver on Sunday night. We left a bit late so it got dark. Me and my buddies were driving together, about 60 km out from our hotel... I was last in line. One of the other cars scared a dumb juvenile deer out of the ditch. It ran smack into the front left corner of my R. Its ears were just visible over my hood at the same moment I hit it... without even touching the brakes.. at 70-80 km/h. Worst part is I was actively looking for animals at the time, I had just glanced in the opposite direction!! :mad:

Most of my driver's side headlight is now in a bag in my trunk, all I've got left is the daytime running light and the HID reflector. No glass, no signal light, just a hole where that all was.

Also managed to fold over the front left corner of the hood, put a big dent in the hood, pop off my fog light surround plastic (which is now on the road somewhere), pop off my bumper trim (which was found next to the corpse...), crush the leading edge of the driver's side fender, dent the (new) driver's door, dent the door behind the driver's door, AND scuff the paint on the rear fender!

Fortunately for animal hits my insurance is no-fault and a $500 deductible so I'm getting off relatively OK.

Oh right, and no pictures right now because my laptop stopped working on the same trip. :facepalm:

What's the deal on getting Euro headlights for a 2005+? Plug and play? How's the lead time and what's the cost? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,709 Posts
What's the deal on getting Euro headlights for a 2005+? Plug and play? How's the lead time and what's the cost? Thanks!
Damn what a string of bad luck for your car!

Contact George @ VIVA, he's your best bet to get the Euro headlights. I'm not sure if your insurance would want to do both passenger and driver side headlights though.

·
Registered
463 Posts
And probably not even enough of "Bambi" left for a little "Vennison Revenge"?...

Then again, in your neck-o-the-woods, just be glad that the little astardbae wasn't a moose!

It's still a bummer, but glad that no humans were hurt

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Like Devolver said, this could be an opportunity for the insurance co. to help fund some of your new e-codes :D

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Bummer, sorry that this happed to you, eve though insurance will make you mostly whole, the whole process is a royal PIA.

The euro headlight for 2005 S/B plug & play, your stock headlight is going to be in the $1200 range, unles you can find a used one. As Devolvr said, reach out to George on price & lead time for the euro lights, (warning - they are not cheap and they take a while to get here)

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
damn, sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Pics or we can't help you, ever.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Pics or we can't help you, ever.
Haha... I'm currently in the process of making a backup of my failed Mac's hard drive. When that's done I'll transfer my photo library to my Windows desktop, and only then can I import the RAW files from my camera that have the pictures. Hopefully I'll be done tonight. :p

This is all my laptop does right now:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I think I've said this before in other posts, but make sure you take it to Modern Autobody in the West End....

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
KB stat!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
0 dedutable road hazard ftw

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ouch, at least one of you walked away. I feel for you, I tangled with a trailer hitch las week. All I did was break a glass lens, but Volvo won't sell the $150 part by itself.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Bummer, sorry that this happed to you, eve though insurance will make you mostly whole, the whole process is a royal PIA.

The euro headlight for 2005 S/B plug & play, your stock headlight is going to be in the $1200 range, unles you can find a used one. As Devolvr said, reach out to George on price & lead time for the euro lights, (warning - they are not cheap and they take a while to get here)
I take it they are not P&P for 2004?

·
Registered
272 Posts
This seemed appropriate.

Hope both drivers were wearing their brown pants!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I take it they are not P&P for 2004?
They are but you need the correct euro harness if you want the City lights to work properly.

Sorry to hear about your lights spoons. I just sold my old US specs to spinal4 otherwise I'd offer them up too. But a set of e-codes is really the right answer here. :)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
This seemed appropriate.

Hope both drivers were wearing their brown pants!
Holy ****ing ****! That's ... Sort of awesome!... AND ****ed up!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts