SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What Volvo is the best in deep snow? The xc70 I think is great but, what other models are great in snow?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
AWD
Snow tires
and the highest sitting vehicle they make

XC70 is probably the best
XC90 second

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winter tires are the best for winter! But I never bought winter tires for the Xc90. But never got stuck in the snow once! It just slides until the abs kicks in! The Xc90 is a tank.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I buy winter tires for stopping and handling in winter weather, not to get up to speed, although they do help in deep snow. I've not driven the XC in Toronto without winter tires, but when I was on my road trip I hit some snow in Wyoming and the XC pulled through just fine with the stock Pirelli Scorpion STR.

Old Photos of my Stockish XC

*Bought the XC with those hub caps, I don't use them any more. Like the look of the steel rims better.

Not mine, but a great pic!

·
Registered
171 Posts

Stock size General Arctic Altimax (re-branded Gislaved Nordfrost 3). Ground clearance was a bit of an issue when this picture was taken. My XC90 V8 with Blizzaks was more capable.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
That looks like me last winter e-rock! It was a brutal one up here, huh? I should have my 2" lift and larger,better tread for this winter so I'm Looking forward.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Over here we don't get it anything like you guys but we do have our moments. I tried my hardest but nothing stopped my XC90 with Nokians on. The one time I did grind to a halt in a drift I just turned off the traction knocked the gearbox over to manual and it pulled me out in second no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts