SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i get into my car today for the first time since getting it back from the transmission place.
my cd player sounds like it is shuffling and then it stops. I get a "Deck Error" message.

i read the forum and seems like there is no hope :(

is there a fix? After paying 2400 for a new transmission i really dont want to have to shell out 800 for a new cd player.

please tell me there is another option im desperate!!!!:(

also how do i talk off the fin antenna?

-katie

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes to reset stuff? Just a thought.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully it's that easy! Will try in the morning. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,144 Posts
I'm not sure about the antenna, why would you want to take it off?

My first guess would be that there must be a bolt or something holding it on, maybe check behind the head liner? (anyone who's replaced their head liner know?) I'm just guessing though, I really have no idea

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Do you know if there are cds stuck in there? I also think I remember someone putting double-sided stick tape on a popsicle stick to 'pull' them out and this fixed the problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone fix this problem?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Common issue and even more stressful with a 6 disc changer. From what I've gathered the problems inside the player and a little tiny piece is to blame one that's not replaceable.

You best option is to just look on eBay for a single disc player to replace it with.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if i buy one on ebay can i just swap it? Theres no code needed? Can i get the 6 cd changer or do i have to opt for a single?

this is so stressful :(

also the reason i want to remove the fin is to wrap it in carbon fiber.... is it not bolted on, just held by adhesive?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
cant just replace it, need to reflash. What I used to do before replacing it was remove the cd assembly and just touch the back to kind of reset/remove static/watever, it worked for me 90% of the time. Check the sticky should be a how to

·
Registered
244 Posts
look at my post!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
if i buy one on ebay can i just swap it? Theres no code needed? Can i get the 6 cd changer or do i have to opt for a single?

this is so stressful :(

also the reason i want to remove the fin is to wrap it in carbon fiber.... is it not bolted on, just held by adhesive?
I'll give you my 6 cd changer, but in return I want USB.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So no luck on the cd player.. Unplugged it and tried to remove the disk to no avail. Going to buy one on eBay for about 100$. If I buy the exact part number will it be plug and play? Or do I need a dealer reflash?

Also the fin!!! Bolted or adhesive!?

·
Registered
7,239 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What does IAM mean on the back of the cd changer? Does anyone know if I can replace my 6 cd player with a single disk?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Getting a single disk changer won't void out my premium sound will it?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Common issue and even more stressful with a 6 disc changer. From what I've gathered the problems inside the player and a little tiny piece is to blame one that's not replaceable.

You best option is to just look on eBay for a single disc player to replace it with.
Can I replace with a single disk player? Will I encounter any problems?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I actually had the same issue, turns out the little gear in the middle was stripped and nobody seems to really sell that exact and only part. My CD player is currently only a radio..... so I'm definitely interested in w/e solution is dug up. Premium sound as well

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Hit Up some Major Repair Guys and take them in the Part and say - Get Me one of these Gears .

Maybe they might be able to get one from some other Unit ! ( Metal One ) Possible .

If any one has a Good Pc. We could make a small mold of it and fill the Mold with Liquid Weld or the other really good stuff .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts