SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully everyone had a terrific Thanksgiving Holiday and is getting ready for Christmas, Chanukah, and welcoming in 2019!!!

I wanted to get the word out early regarding our December meeting. Part of the agenda will be the election of club officers and planning for our annual Holiday party. We will be meeting on the second Tuesday in December, 12/11/2018. We will be meeting at the Lazy River Grill, 631 Big Bend Road, Ballwin, MO.63021. Everyone interested in either a club position or helping to plan next years events are welcome to join in!

On a sad note, Irv Gordon, who drove 3.2M miles in his P1800, has recently passed away. He gained fame and Guinness World Records driving the Volvo P1800 that he purchased in June 1966. He was 77 years old.
He was quoted as saying, "so I expect that I'll be driving the car until there's nothing left of me- the car"ll still be around. The car's in better shape than I am." His daughter, Danielle Gordon is now driving the P1800....the legacy continues.

The new Volvo S60 will be arriving soon and we will be planning a presentation at Suntrup West County to go over this restyled model made right here in the USA. It is very interesting that while some auto companies are downsizing, Volvo is expanding their presence in the United States with a new $1.1 billion factory in Charleston, South Carolina.

We will be sending out information regarding the Holiday party in December, so keep an eye out for the next club email....

Gateway VCOA Chapter
Official Chapter Web Site: www.gatewayvolvo.club

2018 Upcoming Events

Club Meetings (subject to change) - First Tuesday of month at 6:30 PM or selected Saturdays at 10:00 AM
Dec. 11- Tuesday 6:30pm – Monthly Meeting- Election of club officers- Lazy River Grill, 631 Big Bend Road, Ballwin, MO. 63021.
January 2019- Annual Holiday Party - Date, Time, Location- TBD

1 - 1 of 1 Posts