SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Decals/Stickers

19K views 97 replies 16 participants last post by  V70x2 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I figure it would be nice to represent the GTA/ON Volvo chapter and what better way than to make stickers! These are two designs I have come up with so far. I'm going to try working with "ON.Volvos" next and think of some other designs. Let me know what you guys think!

I think I may make the "S" at the end of "Volvo" smaller.

See less See more
#33 ·
In my opinion I like the modified original version:

I liked the simplicity and the Volvo inspired font plus the colored flag. Nothing too fancy or tuner-esqe. Clean.

#9 ·
Thanks guys! Also, thanks for the suggestions. I'll give Ryan's suggestion a shot and see what it looks like with the flag above "Volvos".

But yeahhh, the first one (or something along the lines of that one) will probably be the one........ nothing against Christians but I think we should leave religion out of our decal representation LOL. :D

Anybody know any good vinyl cutting shops? I'm gonna see how much Nextmod charges.

#12 · (Edited)
Good job Mike! I like what I see so far. I agree, no color. This adds 3 different colors to the decal, making production and costs go up 3 fold.

A few comments;
- looks like GTA and Volvos are a bit too close to the flag, a tiny bit more white space + breathing room would likely loosen this design up. From a vinyl decal perspective, it would be more difficult to weed being so tight.
- the Swedish flag would likely look better if it's either: same height as the GTA (probably better composition wise), or same height as the Volvo's ; and would turning the Flag back to landscape be better and true to the flag (tiny issue there really).
- Volvos - although I like meaning of the plural version of the word, astheically as Volvos seems to lose a bit of impact. perhaps a smaller "s" or dropping it? Not sure of either.
- I like to see some font switch ups rather than the standard Volvo Broad Font, the Volvo Broad is a bit overplayed (even for Volvo). I can see the Volvo font sticking for the word "Volvo" but GTA can be something more stylish?

#13 ·
Good job Mike! I like what I see so far. I agree, no color. This adds 3 different colors to the decal, making production and costs go up 3 fold.

A few comments;
- looks like GTA and Volvos are a bit too close to the flag, a tiny bit more white space + breathing room would likely loosen this design up. From a vinyl decal perspective, it would be more difficult to weed being so tight.
- the Swedish flag would likely look better if it's either: same height as the GTA (probably better composition wise), or same height as the Volvo's ; and would turning the Flag back to landscape be better and true to the flag (tiny issue there really).
- Volvos - although I like meaning of the plural version of the word, astheically as Volvos seems to lose a bit of impact. perhaps a smaller "s" or dropping it? Not sure of either.
- I like to see some font switch ups rather than the standard Volvo Broad Font, the Volvo Broad is a bit overplayed (even for Volvo). I can see the Volvo font sticking for the word "Volvo" but GTA can be something more stylish?
Thanks Alfred, I'll take those into consideration too!

I think I somewhat agree with VolvoBroad... it is getting a little boring haha.

#14 ·
Sorry for the delay, everybody! I just got a new laptop (co-worker spilled coffee on my old one) and am in the process of sourcing Adobe software again lol.

In the meantime however, do you guys know of any good places we can get them cut for a good price?

#19 ·
lmao! Awesome. Sorry guys, I haven't had time to get the Adobe software in the new laptop, so I haven't been able to get any revisions made. :(

Alfred, are you okay with me sending you the 1st one to get cut? At least we'll have something for the CVC meet. lol

#21 ·
I'm fine with it. How about this? I can make the modifications that you want to it, let me know the changes you want to make and I can execute them for you. Then throw it back on here for review. LOL

#22 ·
That would be great! Just make the flag the same height as the GTA (or Volvo and then maybe we can choose?), and make the "S" in "Volvos" smaller (maybe half the size?). My idea behind the thin Swedish flag was to make it resemble the side of the Motorsports badge. I'll email you the original .ai file when I get home. :)

Man, I wish I had time to design my own font for "GTA". Maybe for round two! :D

#26 · (Edited)
alright.. sorry for the delay guys.

So here's what I came up with.. it's based on Rboy8's concept. But I wanted more a hip "tuner" look like the VAG scenes, so I swapped the font's a bit. Also set it on a Black backgrounds since it'll more than likely be white on body color or on Black window tint.

The flag was made a bit wider in the middle, with a more rounder look. Volvo is still in the "Volvo Broad" font for obvious reasons.
Anyway, it's still a work in progress.

Any feedback or comments welcome!

#27 ·
Holy shiet, that second one is awesome, imo.

I think the first one could work if the G was a little bit more spaced away from the T. Awesome, man! Will white be the only colour or do you have plans for others? Also, any idea on sizes?

p.s. I absolutely love the Swedish flag.

#28 · (Edited)
Well other colours would be silver, black etc. I think for the light coloured cars and to be stuck on the body. Well I'm glad you like it! I'm also pondering dropping the swedish flag and adding a cooler turbo charger to it.

oh and here's one on my drawing table that's growing on me. Classic Helvetica Neue Heavy Black with no kerning, with uneven type....

No Volvo Broad... which is cool, I think?

Size of the decal would be around 4-6" width. Haven't decided on that yet. But I'll need to sample placement images by doing some photoshops once we finalize it.

#29 ·
Only issue with dropping the flag for a turbo is that not all Volvos are turbocharged :p. Imo, the flag should be there for that little bit of Swedish theme. Not sure if I'm a fan of this last one.

#38 ·
I think we need a poll..

Which one do you guys want as the official decal? Looks like we're all split on the decision. Btw, the one above, I have a nice turbo trace I made that would work very nicely with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.