SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I figure it would be nice to represent the GTA/ON Volvo chapter and what better way than to make stickers! These are two designs I have come up with so far. I'm going to try working with "ON.Volvos" next and think of some other designs. Let me know what you guys think!

I think I may make the "S" at the end of "Volvo" smaller.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
GTA Volvo would sound good too. Is there any way we can get some color for the flag?

Something like this

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the first one, we could, since the flag is separate from the lettering. It would probably cost more to have two colours cut though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I dig the first one - the outline in the flag makes it pop out a bit better than the one below... colour would look good, too - but simple works!

·
Registered
271 Posts
beauty job man.

color on the flag for the first one would work best... but if black and white was the only option, number 2 stands out best.

EDIT: since it was pointed out to me.... number 2 looks like i support the christians hahaha

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
after some thought.... see what it would look like with the flag on top of the "volvos" letting. make it the same height as the "GTA" lettering.

just squished on top

·
Registered
230 Posts
Really like the first one... black and white = simple ( KISS principle- keep it simple stupid)

Put me down for 2 of those

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Also, thanks for the suggestions. I'll give Ryan's suggestion a shot and see what it looks like with the flag above "Volvos".

But yeahhh, the first one (or something along the lines of that one) will probably be the one........ nothing against Christians but I think we should leave religion out of our decal representation LOL. :D

Anybody know any good vinyl cutting shops? I'm gonna see how much Nextmod charges.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
What if the T was lower case, in the shape of the swedish flag? for GTA

It kinda looks off. Maybe if the A had a square top...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What if the T was lower case, in the shape of the swedish flag? for GTA

It kinda looks off. Maybe if the A had a square top...
Not a fan of that tbh. Some people might not get it right away and just see it as "GA Volvos".

I'm going to stick with just one colour.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Good job Mike! I like what I see so far. I agree, no color. This adds 3 different colors to the decal, making production and costs go up 3 fold.

A few comments;
- looks like GTA and Volvos are a bit too close to the flag, a tiny bit more white space + breathing room would likely loosen this design up. From a vinyl decal perspective, it would be more difficult to weed being so tight.
- the Swedish flag would likely look better if it's either: same height as the GTA (probably better composition wise), or same height as the Volvo's ; and would turning the Flag back to landscape be better and true to the flag (tiny issue there really).
- Volvos - although I like meaning of the plural version of the word, astheically as Volvos seems to lose a bit of impact. perhaps a smaller "s" or dropping it? Not sure of either.
- I like to see some font switch ups rather than the standard Volvo Broad Font, the Volvo Broad is a bit overplayed (even for Volvo). I can see the Volvo font sticking for the word "Volvo" but GTA can be something more stylish?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good job Mike! I like what I see so far. I agree, no color. This adds 3 different colors to the decal, making production and costs go up 3 fold.

A few comments;
- looks like GTA and Volvos are a bit too close to the flag, a tiny bit more white space + breathing room would likely loosen this design up. From a vinyl decal perspective, it would be more difficult to weed being so tight.
- the Swedish flag would likely look better if it's either: same height as the GTA (probably better composition wise), or same height as the Volvo's ; and would turning the Flag back to landscape be better and true to the flag (tiny issue there really).
- Volvos - although I like meaning of the plural version of the word, astheically as Volvos seems to lose a bit of impact. perhaps a smaller "s" or dropping it? Not sure of either.
- I like to see some font switch ups rather than the standard Volvo Broad Font, the Volvo Broad is a bit overplayed (even for Volvo). I can see the Volvo font sticking for the word "Volvo" but GTA can be something more stylish?
Thanks Alfred, I'll take those into consideration too!

I think I somewhat agree with VolvoBroad... it is getting a little boring haha.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for the delay, everybody! I just got a new laptop (co-worker spilled coffee on my old one) and am in the process of sourcing Adobe software again lol.

In the meantime however, do you guys know of any good places we can get them cut for a good price?

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Contact me Mike, I can get these cut no probs. We need them for the meets coming up :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Contact me Mike, I can get these cut no probs. We need them for the meets coming up :)
Will do! :)

Should have a design ready for the CVC meet later this month.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Will do! :)

Should have a design ready for the CVC meet later this month.
Awesome, let's get a move on it! Contact me if you need anything. I'll leave the design to you, but if you need help or guidance. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hello, what's this??

I cut it myself using a box cutter hahaha

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lmao! Awesome. Sorry guys, I haven't had time to get the Adobe software in the new laptop, so I haven't been able to get any revisions made. :(

Alfred, are you okay with me sending you the 1st one to get cut? At least we'll have something for the CVC meet. lol

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You mean the second one, right? :D

1 - 20 of 98 Posts