SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been pondering lately about selling my 1995 855 Turbo m56h with a stage 2 IPD manual tune. I've had the car 7 years now have upgraded a lot and replaced at lot. Anyone have a good idea what I should ask for it? Car has 250k on it would sell with columba wheels am keeping my pegs. Clear Washington title in my name. Does not leak or burn any oil.
upgrades and replacements to date :
New valve seals
New pcv system and cleaned ptc
timing belt water pump and tensioners
All main seals were done 2 years ago cams and crank
updated dipstick and tube
new slave and master cylinder
Lower mileage (around 100k) M56H
Brand new OEM R clutch
Manual throttle cable
freshly rebuild 16t angle flange with IPD CBV
R manifold
obx turbo back.
IPD Wires
Newer cap and rotor
Newer Volvo OE spark plugs
Snaab Intake pipe
Snaab Poly intake spacer
IPD cold air intake
New BOSCH fuel pump
Silicone intercooler lines
Silicone radiator hose and turbo coolant hose
IPD sways front and rear with HD endlinks
Koni reds with eibach springs in the front
Bilstein touring with IPD overloads in the back
1997 R Interior almost cherry
Pioneer Double din dvd/mp3 stereo with upgraded speakers
Newer OEM volvo heater core hoses
Newer oem volvo control arms
IPD subframe inserts (also included are a set of poly subframe bushings as well)
Rear cargo net in back of seats.
A/C is completely functional
New EBC slotted rotors and Stoptech pads in front newer volvo pads in rear
Newer OEM oil cooler lines
Newer radiator and thermostat
Newer radiator fan

The Cons :
Headliner is sagging a little in the back
paint is ok has scratches here and there some pealing clearcoat on passenger side doors and fender
Few small dents and a couple in the tailgate
spoiler needs repaint

What do you guys think i should ask for it?

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
855 = good value
that mileage = okay value to anyone who knows Volvos
manual = rare and boosts value, but not original, so the buyer would need to trust whoever did the swap.
But any performance parts... I add up the resale value of the performance parts and deduct that from the value of the car. You'll never get mods money back. But to the right buyer, it could be worth it.

Sounds like the car is perfect mechanically and still decent cosmetically considering it's age.

I would probably list it for $4k and be willing to come down a bit from there.
Starting to see T5 P1s with M66 sell for as low as $5k. So unless the potential buyer is really set on owning a P80, there are newer manual Volvo options for not much more.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
855 = good value
that mileage = okay value to anyone who knows Volvos
manual = rare and boosts value, but not original, so the buyer would need to trust whoever did the swap.
But any performance parts... I add up the resale value of the performance parts and deduct that from the value of the car. You'll never get mods money back. But to the right buyer, it could be worth it.

Sounds like the car is perfect mechanically and still decent cosmetically considering it's age.

I would probably list it for $4k and be willing to come down a bit from there.
Starting to see T5 P1s with M66 sell for as low as $5k. So unless the potential buyer is really set on owning a P80, there are newer manual Volvo options for not much more.
Thank you for your input! Always better to start higher lol Thanks! If i get enough for it I will include the pegs and a spare b5234t from a 96 850 r that has 186 k that had just had the head machined with new head gasket valve seals, water pump timing belt tensioners etc done to it.

Here is a link to the pics : https://picasaweb.google.com/maarlen/850New?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKiTpt7Jo87IjgE&feat=directlink

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Is that your C30 in the garage?

I'd try selling it with the Pegs. Really adds to the car in my opinion, and Pegs are so common... Kind of hard to resell Pegs for a decent price.

I plan to list our 850 for $3k in the coming months, as is. But I'll probably come down and take Pegs off depending on the buyer.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will probably send the pegs with the car if i get enough otherwise i wanna keep them for the p1 v70 i have but will probably go with car and yes that's my 2009 c30 t5 which is parked for winter only has 16k on it waiting till its paid off to mod it. Another reason i wanna sell the 855 is i want to get into a p2 R

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not but will check it out. The only thing i don't like about the c30 and my p1 v70 and p2's are the fly by wire throttle they can be hard to judge it sometimes even on the c30 lol

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
P1 V70? Do you mean P2? P1s are only the S40, V50, C30, and later year C70s.

The stock P1s definitely have a weird throttle delay. Any tune, even P*, will get rid of that. No dead space and much more predictable.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I meant p2. even p*?

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Yes I meant p2. even p*?
P* = Polestar
It's not the most powerful tune, Shark and Elevate have the best tunes for building up C30s. But if you plan on keeping things mostly, stock, it's hard to go wrong with Polestar. Especially since it keeps the warranty.

Any tune will definitely wake that car up for how it should be though. If you did go with an Elevate or Shark tune, they are handheld tuners that allow you flash back to stock tune whenever you want. So you can always revert to stock before going into the dealer and they'll never know about it. Nice if you start modding but still have the factory warranty that you don't want to void.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it that's first time I've seen it shown like that. Thanks for the info i might just do that :thumbup:
P* = Polestar
It's not the most powerful tune, Shark and Elevate have the best tunes for building up C30s. But if you plan on keeping things mostly, stock, it's hard to go wrong with Polestar. Especially since it keeps the warranty.

Any tune will definitely wake that car up for how it should be though. If you did go with an Elevate or Shark tune, they are handheld tuners that allow you flash back to stock tune whenever you want. So you can always revert to stock before going into the dealer and they'll never know about it. Nice if you start modding but still have the factory warranty that you don't want to void.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Got it that's first time I've seen it shown like that. Thanks for the info i might just do that :thumbup:
It may just be how we slang things on C30Crew... Seeing this:

Much easier/lazier just to say P*

·
Registered
560 Posts
Michael, let's talk about those Pegs before you sell the 850!

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Michael, let's talk about those Pegs before you sell the 850!
First on my list! Followed by that guy in Dahlonega.

Though, depending on the wheels that come on the next C30, I may put the Pegs on it... 17x8 wrapped in 255s would be ideal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts