SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go to the dealer to get a new door panel and the remaining speaker installed and may get the DRL's disabled do I or should I remove the Stage 1 tuning before taking the car in...will they know its tuned?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: Dealer work De-Tune necessary (slrising)

Since you are getting your DRL uploaded, I would detune it to be safe. You don't want some mix match hybrid program.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: Dealer work De-Tune necessary (volvoNB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>volvoNB</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Since you are getting your DRL uploaded, I would detune it to be safe. You don't want some mix match hybrid program.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>+1 That is good advise. It wouldn't be a bad idea to flash back to stock before you go in to the dealer for services just incase they do a software update.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Dealer work De-Tune necessary (mad matt)

De-tune if you dont want info sent to volvo that your ecu is flashed when they hook up. But even when you get a SW update the tune should not be affected unless they reset the ECU. <p>My .02 cents: I no longer de-tune when I go to the dealer because consistent de-tuning and tuning the ECU (a component that is very sensitive) will run you the higher risk of bricking your ECU (a very expensive replacment) therefore I would mess with the ECU as little as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts